Old 06-07-2015, 07:57 AM   #1
A few questions from a soon to be Phoenix 30BH owner

We are getting ready to buy a Phoenix 30BH and I have a few questions.

There is no ladder. Has anyone added one and is it prepped for a ladder?

What type on TV antenna is on it? I did not go on the roof, what type of antenna is it? The new HD style or the older crank up wing style? I honestly dont recall seeing anything in the rig for an antenna. Im assuming that it has one?

Does the satellite hookup only feed the TV in the Kitchen/Living room?

We will be converting the bunk room to a den for more living space by simply removing the bunk above the above the sofa and removing the mattress from the other side. Can someone tell me the height of the bunk above the kitchen? Id like to put a large TV in that space and keep that nice big rear window unobstructed. (That's a lot of TV questions. We do go outside too, .)

I did not pay attention to the sewer connections. Are there separate grey and black tanks for the rear bath and outdoor sink? If so, do you know the capacity? The literature lists the black tank and grey capacity at 90 gallons each, so guessing there are two blacks and two greys, 45 gal. each?

Any other comments are appreciated.

Thank you,

Nascamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 02:10 PM   #2
I have a Phoenix 32RE that the dealer installed a ladder on before I picked it up. First they told me not to do it but they then said they called Shasta and were advised the unit was indeed prepped for a ladder. Your dealer can call Shasta give them the VIN # and just ask them if it would be advisable to add a ladder.
Mine does not have the crank up antenna it's stationary.
I just got satellite tv from Dish. Tried hooking up to the satellite input and it would not work. Even with customer service from Dish we could not get it to work and wound up just putting the cable thru a window direct to the box. Then it worked like a champ. I have the King Tailgater antenna and another poster said that going through the coach connection there is a voltage drop which will not give enough power to the Tailgater to allow it to search for the satellite. Made sense to me since there is no seperate power cord so I am perfectly happy with the thru the window hookup. They have flat through the window adapters so the window is not open enough to worry about. I have since noticed that this method is pretty common with other rv's. Hope this helps. Enjoy and good luck, we love our Phoenix.
2014 Shasta Phoenix 32RE 5th wheel.
2015 F250 crew cab 6.7 Powerstroke 4X4.
clicker1944 is offline   Reply With Quote