Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #1

Exclamation City/Park water connection

So, I've connected my city/park water hose to my Shasta however there seems to be sometimes where there is no pressure at the taps at all and sometimes that it is good. During the time where there is no pressure at all I have disconnected my hose to check for pressure and it seems like it should be fine. I can turn on the water pump and then the pressure seems to be OK, Should I be leaving the pump on all the time??

Or am I missing setting a valve or something??

Appreciate the help..

Thanks
stravis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
Brigitte

The pump does not need to be on when hooked up to city water.... you did connect to the city water intake? not the fresh water intake right?
The pump needs to be on when you have filled your fresh water tank and the pump will come on as needed only and shut itself off when not in need.
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply.

I have connected the city water connection to the correct spot at the back of the trailer beside the power and antena connections. It seems that when the pressure of the city water goes down during the day, when everyone is using it, no water will come from the taps. However, my son had a shower first thing in the morning without any issues. Is there some sort of pressure valve in the lines anywhere that only lets water through when there is enough pressure?

Or am I totally our to lunch? LOL

Thanks
stravis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #4
Brigitte

I have no idea.... New at this. The answer I gave you is all i know about this. I'm sure someone else will chime in.
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
Experienced Newbie

There is a check valve behind the hose connection. Usually this doesn't have a lot of pressure, but if the supply pressure is dropping as you mentioned, it may be enough to prevent water flow. It also sounds as if the park is running a well system and may not be able to keep up with the demand.

2011 Silverado CC/SB
2014 Cougar 31SQB
mhartzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #6

When in doubt, ask those who are camping beside you to see if they are having the same problem with the water.
Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote