Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2015, 04:17 PM   #1

construction

So on a previous post I had inquired about the Shasta Oasis 25rs. Today i sent an e mail to Shasta regarding the following Q: what is floor construction? A: marine grade residential 5/8" plywood tongue and groove. Q: roof construction? A:5" radius 16" on center rafter with 3/8" decking. Q: method of slide deployment A: rack and pinion Q: frame manufacturer? A: Lippert. Q: type of roof? A: TPO.It sure seems like this a solid trailer directly competing with the Jayco Flight of the same floor plan but at a much lower price point. Any comments on this?
nephi007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:22 AM   #2

Agreed! We considered a couple of floor plans with the Jayco before going with our 25bh Oasis. We liked the colors Shasta used on the walls as well as the cabinetry compared to Jayco, which was a darker color. I have no complaints with the structure and components Shasta used on this, and I believe they have the market cornered on value-priced trailers.

You may have already seen this video of a 25rs in your searches, but it was done by Mount Comfort RV where we bought our 25bh, and is done by Chris Anderson who was our salesmen. They filmed this right at the time we put our order in over the winter. They include in the video some actual footage from the Shasta factory that they had taken last year, and gives a few glimpses of what's underneath the skin of a Shasta.

http://youtu.be/wfnydMB-1P0
roadmaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 03:11 PM   #3

Roadmaven the Jaycos with this floorplan (Jayflight 28BHS and Jayfeather SLX 26 BHSW) are selling for 20K to 25K while the Shasta Oasis 25rs sells for 14K or slightly more. Are there corners being cut by Shasta? I do not think its the 2 year Jayco warranty since I believe FR offers a second year warranty on Shastas for $150.00. Pretty much construction materials are the same for both manufacturers models. Your thoughts?
Old 08-15-2015, 03:39 PM   #4

Forgot to say we did see that video you mentioned and enjoyed if
Old 08-16-2015, 08:33 PM   #5

It was fun to see the manufacturing plant. Some good information in the video such as the stabilizer jack takes a 3/4" socket.

-Laura 2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH & 2015 Ram 1500 Hemi
actadh is offline   Reply With Quote