Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2015, 03:25 PM   #21

Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1434486287.282884.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  90.4 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1434486298.753097.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  93.8 KB
This is the winterizing hose and where it is situated in relation to the pump.
Super Thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:10 PM   #22

Group,
I have updates
We did a short weekend camp followed by 10 days in BC including into Whiteswan Lake - with a harrowing drive down a forestry road. We had 5 set up and tear downs. Great trip

1. Dumping and levels. Washing out the tank fixed it and showed no level in the black tank.
In the next use I flushed as much as I could with someone impatiently waiting - stuck in the green.
Next dump - filled the tank with water prior to dumping and flushed - fixed it. Next dump stuck in the red. Next one - flushed fixed it. Next one - stuck in the green...
So - yes we know the sensor is poorly designed. Sadly this is a tough one to fix. The flush takes time and there is always someone impatiently waiting behind you. I think that on an ongoing basis we will try washing /flushing out the tank - but trust my feel for how full it is.

2. Solar panels - I got 2 80W panels - and the battery never left the green except following a day of shade and cloud. Relocating the panel got me charged up in no time. I got portable panels with the fear of hail damaging them. During one of the drives one of the panels in the panel broke. Maybe I should risk roof mounting it...:/

3. I checked the fridge light - not a problem with mine

4. The water pump running - I found this as a low level issue. When the water is at a very low level - the water pump will run to try and maintain pressure in the system. I think at this level it would vent out the fill system which would hold head pressure. When there is water in it - it charges and only fires up when used.

With this - our last campsite near Fernie BC had no water - I guess as a comment I dumped water and tanks every time I moved. I have a large half ton - but crossed the Kootenay pass - one of the highest road passes in the Rockys - super near my weight limit. Anyways in Fernie - if I charged the water we would get toilet flushes which is a big deal to the little family.

I weighed truck and trailer at one of the scales and ball park
3000kg front axle, 2000kg back axle and 1600kg trailer axle. This is close to 7000 kg so pretty much at or over my capacity at a half ton.

Thanks again
Kevin
live_love_life is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light