Old 09-01-2018, 02:20 PM   #1

help with redoing an old camper

i need to paick someones brain that has redone a older camper before an I need to do this this weekend before I purchase the camper

blondie3335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:51 PM   #2

I would post one or several questions maybe in several different threads to get a quick answer...

give specifics like year, model and question...

maybe one post for roof question and another thread/post for another question...
keeping them each one question provides for a more complete single answer

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 03:07 PM   #3
SRN

How old? I found the Tincantourists.com site helpful when I worked on a 1968 Shasta trailer a few years ago.
SRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:27 AM   #4

We've done a mostly cosmetic remodel on a 1975 era Shasta 16' TT. The extent of our remodel was wallpaper, flooring, all new foam cushions and hand made covers, drapes, lighting, minor plumbing, and a new toilet. We also caulked all of the exterior seams, roof, and entry points. Oh and new insulation. The TT had not been used for quite a few years and was infested with mice and spiders when we started the project.
briteday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:45 PM   #5
Head Rambler

We completely rebuilt a Country Squire once The only original items that were reused was the axles, steel frame, aluminum siding, and cabinet hardware (hinges & latches). I custom built a fiberglass shower and all the cabinets. I even custom built a bed frame for it with drawers.

And it had a real "Tip Out" not a slide out that some people still call a tip out. It was a bit of a challenge to match the radius of the existing siding when rebuilding that thing. The tip out opening was covered with a piece of canvas when it was tipped in.