Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2018, 09:45 AM   #1

Low point drains - Where are they?

I am looking at winterizing my 336RL 5ver in a couple of weeks and noticed there are no low point drains. I only see a drain tube for the fresh water tank. Does anyone know if there are low point drains on the Phoenix fifth wheels? I know my previous Rockwood FW had them.
Nights Camped 2023 = 30
Nights Camped 2022 = 40
jtatum65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 12:05 PM   #2

My Swinging Door Fix

This was my fix for the swing door. I found the courage to drill the swing door and side of RV and installed a 4" T-holder, plastic cargo door holder. It keeps door from hitting the propane door latches and locks it into place. Another thought was using a bungie cord and 2 eye bolts. It could keep the door from swinging fully open when windy, then you could un-hook one end for full open, just haven't done it yet. Again requires drilling the door for installing the eye bolt.

As to low point drains, haven't found them either. The owners manual indicates using air to blow out the water lines then use water pump to suck antifreeze into system. We live in a warmer climate so antifreeze shouldn't be required, but draining the plumbing is. Doing more research!

Our rear window valance and curtains fell on our last trip. Only had 2 screws into the bottom overhead cabinet that is paper thin veneer. Fix was to install threaded sheetrock anchors where screws pulled out. Also installed a 3rd anchor in the middle.

cruisin
cruisinhwy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:29 PM   #3

I found them!! They are on the bottom right below the water heater, they are nestled in between the bottom trim and the frame. I cut the twist on caps off and installed sharkbite valves instead. I would post pictures, but we had a blizzard last night and the FW is under a cover now.

As far as the swing door, I contacted the Hatchlift.com and they recommended the medium lift kit. I am going to purchase one and install it next spring.

https://www.hatchlift.com/hatchlift-kit
Nights Camped 2023 = 30
Nights Camped 2022 = 40
jtatum65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain