Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2014, 05:37 PM   #1

Need help with Directv SWM hookup

We have a 2013 Shasta Revere 30BH. On the outside of the trailer there are two connections. Ones says satellite and one says cable.

I have a DirecTv HD Dish. This is the SWM technology that DirecTv uses.

The problem that I am having is that when I plug the coaxial cable from the satellite dish, into the input on the outside of our trailer marked satellite. When I do this and power up the SWM power supply it will not power up. The satellite outlet on the inside of the trailer that corresponds with the outside satellite input is the outlet that the powers the antennae on top of the trailer. It appears that this plug, which has a circuit board on the back of this plug, is not allowing power to pass through to the SWM Power supply. I can unplug the coaxial and the power supply will come on, plug the coaxial back up and no power to the power supply. I can turn the power on or off to this plug, which would power the antennae on top, but it doesn't make any difference to the SWM power supply, it still will not power up.

Now to throw another wrench into this problem, I can take TV and receiver to the outdoor kitchen and plug everything up and it is works great.

Does anyone have any ides how I can make the SWM receiver work inside?
SREED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:29 PM   #2

Cable supply is on the left and satellite on the right where it comes into the unit. That seems to be the only thing that would prevent signal. Also the Satellite coaxial is just above the antenna on the back wall of the tv
trackmanbfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:57 PM   #3

I can get satellite in my outdoor kitchen. I have figured out a way to fix it by reading some other post and trial by error. I will post pictures of what I did. I know there has to be others that have ran across this.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:43 PM   #4

So here is a picture of how I rewired in order to solve my problem. Again, I think that since the SWM LNB dish, there is something in the circuit board that is causing power to drop on the power supply that sends the power to the LNB. In this picture the black cable at the IN on the splitter was originally connected to the center coax which is supposed to be the satellite.

The White coax that is now on that center coax connection is the same cable going to one side of the out on the spiller. The other black coax on the other out of the splitter is going to my Receiver box.

This will now allow power to pass through so that the power supply will not shut down and push power to the LNB.

Now I just need to tidy up an bit and get to camping. Hope this helps someone else that might have the same issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140824_195358.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	363.9 KB
ID:	61397