Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2016, 11:55 AM   #1

New Shasta Phoenix 35BL owner here

Looking for anyone that owns a Phoenix 35BL. Feed back? Issues? It's our first fifth wheel and first Forest River product. Long time rv owner but had bumper pulls and keystone products. Any and all feedback is really appreciated.

Thank you,
Brad
Radmann07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 11:34 AM   #2

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Old 06-23-2016, 11:31 AM   #3

Phoenix 35 BL

How do you like the 35 BL. Been researching them for a while and wanted a owners review but havent come across one.

Thanks
TexFloater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 11:47 AM   #4

We love it so far. I really like the nicer touches on the inside without the higher price tag. We've only had it a month, and only used it twice so far. Still working a few bugs out though.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:59 AM   #5

I am in the market for a fifth wheel and have my choice narrowed down between the Phoenix 35BL, Silverback 31RK, or the Chaparral 360IBL. I like the Phoenix a lot. Its the only one of the three that has an outside kitchen. Have you used the outside kitchen? If so, how was it and do you think its a feature that will be used often? The Phoenix is 1,000 lbs. heavier then the Chaparral.
ScenicRouteTravelers365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 12:34 PM   #6

Like you the Chaparral 360IBL was one of our other choices in Floorplans. We didn't like the bunk setup and of course as you mention, no outside kitchen. Now the Phoenix is nice. The loft, wider entry area and larger fridge were things we were really wanting. Our TT we traded had an outside kitchen and we do all our cooking outside. The Phoenix's outside kitchen is really a prep area. No sink, no stove, just a fridge. We have an electric 2 eye cook top we just plug in out there and a grill that plugs into the gas connection. The upper cabinets are a bit of a reach but still useful. If you have any other questions I'll gladly answer them.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:39 PM   #7

Shasta phoenix 35BL

I purchased a new 2017 Shasta Phoenix 93 days ago and have nothing but issues. The quality and workmanship is completely lacking during the assembly of these units. Sure it looks nice and comfortable. I have used mine 5 times since I bought it in April. We first had an electrical fire from the hitch wiring back to the battery, caused us to miss 2 trips and took the dealer 3 weeks to get to performing the repair. The next major issue was a massive leak in the rear cabinet next to the sofa on top of the 50 amp service wiring. Many minor issues also exist currently including the toilet leaking all over when it's flushed, one of the slide seals has pulled off and the inside wall has been pushed off the studs, propane tank indicator and grey tank indicator don't work, rear window missing all hardware along top edge, hole found under gutter where a nail punched through when crown molding was installed. I would be very cautious if you are looking to buy one of these units as they appear to lack quality and any QC controls on the factory. I am extremely dissatisfied and will never purchase another forest river product in the future.
Mcgeejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 12:53 AM   #8

Update?

H Radmann-

Thinking of pulling the trigger on the Phoenix 35bl.
You mentioned issues. Can you elaborate, and were you able to resolve?

We currently have a Keystone product. We have had many 'issues', and we were hoping that FR might be a better manufacturer.

TIA!
desert diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:45 AM   #9

Good morning desert diva. My issues were small and all have been resolved except for one. I picked my unit up early because of the flooding in louisiana. I had little piddly trim issues and my only major issue was my refrigerator door latch and seal. So far so good for me. I traded in a keystone product and have been a long time keystone product owner. This is my first forest river product. You're gonna get good and bad between both manufacturers. What I've learned over the years, no matter the reputation of the manufacturer, if your servicing dealer isn't that great, it'll make your experience much less enjoyable.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:49 PM   #10

Well update on my feelings about my fiver. Not happy! My unit is 3 months old. I was cleaning it yesterday morning and discovered a gap in the lap sealant where the front cap meets the roof. Gap was about 1/4 inch wide and about 18 inches long. Unit was just cleaned 3 weeks before on a prior use and this gap wasn't there. Now I've dropped it off at my local servicing dealer where they walked the roof and found several other issues. Took about 27-30 pictures to send to forest river and I pray they don't deny it and make me become nasty. My dealer is requesting to replace the entire roof with all the issues they uncovered. I'll keep ya'll up to date on my progress.

Tags
shasta