Old 03-21-2014, 10:30 PM   #11

Just updating on my business with RV Value Mart. Drove 4 1/2 hours to pick up a 2013 Shasta Oasis 285BHS they had online but when I got there, it was actually a 2012 and the pictures didn't match what they had on their webpage. Needless to say I was very disappointed. They said it was an accident and very apologetic but didn't make me feel much better. Actually ended up getting a 2014 shasta oasis 26db for a crazy price because of the inconvenience. Did have to negotiate a bit and overall, their sales rep was very nice and helpful. Spent a little more than I wanted but overall got a great deal on a brand new Oasis. Love the TT and can't wait to take it camping in 3 weeks.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:36 PM   #12

Forgot to post a pic of my new family member...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140321_192603.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	48116  

Old 03-24-2014, 06:57 PM   #13

Nice looking trailer!! Hope you get lots of enjoyment out of it!!

TT: 2013 26' Revere TBQB
TV: 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 4x4
glen1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:33 PM   #14

anyone use there db26 yet? I will be taking mine out 4/18 and very excited. anyone find any issues? I notice that some of the older post regarding the revere had some bad reviews on craftsmanship ie falling screws and rusting on the outside. haven't had any issues myself but then again I haven't taken it out yet either. I did notice that my power awning does seem weak. it is pretty slow and sounds like it is struggling a little but it does work. anyone else notice this? also notice that the heater doesn't run off electric. my fault for not looking into this but noticed it after I bought it. as a newbie, I didn't even think to look for that and thought all TT were like that. also...anyone know the weight limit for the top bunk? I have the double twin size bunks. since the top bunk it a double, I assume it can hold a decent amount but wasn't sure as there are no warnings.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:11 AM   #15

The only thing I found that I will be looking at changing this summer is how the panel screws on to cover up the water pump.. I am guessing that in a few years, with taking it off and putting it back on every year, the wood will eventually be weak.. I'm gonna try and find some stainless screws and a nut that is anchorred into the wood permanently (not sure the name of them)... Otherwise I'm pretty happy with ours..

TT: 2013 26' Revere TBQB
TV: 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 4x4
glen1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:12 AM   #16

I have only used mine twice in a campground near my house (within 10 miles!) but havent hooked it up to any water since its been a bit cold this spring and do not feel like winterizing it with every use.
The only issue i have noticed so far is the rusting of the outside bolts. I know i towed my TT during the winter but i didnt expect them to rust this fast. I have since washed it down and plan on painting them this fall.
The top double bank has a label telling you the weight limit ( i want to say 300 pounds but please verify)
The heat runs on gas and it works very well. We used it all night over the two weekends and it kept us all nice and warm. Daytime was quite comfotable so we turned it off. It doesnt look like it consumes much gas because we are still on the first tank.

I just mounted a TV (32") and tornado tank flash system to my 26BD so hopefully ill get to use it the next time we go out (also on the 18th )
Old 04-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #17

Sorry, I just checked and there was no sticker on the bed telling you the max load weight. I must have been confusing it with something else.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:53 PM   #18

Hello,
I purchased a new 2014 Oasis 26DB from my local RV dealer last week. I paid 15425.00. Other then the standard package and camping package the dealer added, electric awning, electric tongue, battery, mounted spare tire with cover (his rv shop logo one), 4 stabilizers, dual propane tank cover, hitch, ball, equalizer bars, swaybar, electric brake controller (installed in my truck), bed coverings for all 3 beds that match the interior, both lp tanks were filled and 1 tire X-Lock. He did a complete walk around, ran all the systems including water, drained all systems and snapped my picture in front of the camper. I think I got a good deal, I hope.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:18 PM   #19

Sounds good to me. Got alot of extras which is always nice. Prices very from dealer to dealer, state to state so can't really say if it was good for where you live or not but sounds good. I got mine in PA for about $13,700 but I didn't get all the extras you got. Got most of what you got except power jack, bed sheets, tire cover, xlock, and brake controller (already had one). Had a huge bargaining chip since they screwed up my original trailer I was going to buy.

Have taken the trailer out 3x so far and found pros and cons with it but over all, great trailer for the price. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoyed ours
Old 08-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #20

okay guys, I need some back up/clarification. I recently had a problem where my ac power was only working for my outlets. aka my lights, frig, slide out, etc awning were not working. basically anything that runs off of dc power. when I hooked up my battery with ac connected, everything worked.

so I took my rv (still under warranty) to camping world and received a call today saying that they were confused. Before they brought the trailer in to be serviced, she wanted to clarify. I explained my problem and she advised that in order dc electrics to work, they need a battery. I advised that I had the ac hooked up and that the trailer should convert that power to dc so that the dc electronics would work. She advised me that it was not how it worked. I stated that I have gone several trips without a battery and connected to shore power with no issues in the past. She stated she didn't know how I did that and that I would even need the battery for the trailer brakes to work when driving. I told her that the trailer brakes should run off the power from the car as it was hooked up to the car for the lights. Again she advised that this was incorrect and I was driving without trailer brakes if I did not have the battery hooked up. she said she would tell the techs to look for any electrical issues but doesn't think anything is wrong with my camper. I was advised that my camper does not have a converter.

I am 99% sure she is full of it but want to confirm. So from what she is telling me, dc operated electronics will never work unless I have a battery hooked up to the front of the camper. Even if I plug into shore power. If this is true...my camper was working magically for 3 months and I need to find a new camper because this is bull. To me, it makes no sense to plug into shore power purely to use outlets and air-condition while everything else is still running off my battery.

Can someone please confirm if this is true or has anyone not used the battery but still have dc electronics workings?

thanks for any inputs.