Old 01-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #1

Oasis 26db

After a couple of months researching TT's, I'm picking up a 2014 26DB for my young family (of four) this weekend at a dealer 90 miles away. This will be our first TT so I'm anxious. The deal with be finalized during pickup so I was wondering if anyone has
Any opinions about the OASIS 26DB?
Any suggestions on what to review during the pre-delivery walk through ( I found a few good suggestions online but i was wondering if there is anything you wish you had looked at before you drove off with your new TT)
I'm getting the double banks option and a equalizer wd hitch
I'm now noticing that the TT doesn't come with a spare tire so ill get one and bring it with me.
Any other suggestions / cautions.

I will provide a review of my experience after i bring it home (assuming I don't change my mind lol)

Old 01-18-2014, 11:59 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new camper. You noted above you found some PDI info on-line. If there is anything that is wrong or not to your satisfaction don't sign anything. I know your 90 miles from your dealer but once you sign the paperwork, accept delivery, and drive off your chances of getting repairs done goes down.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:06 PM   #3

Welcome to Forest River Forums.
I would ask the dealer to throw in a spare and a mount for it because if you have a flat on the way home you would be up a creek.
And your trailer probably does not have a jack or lug wrench.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #4

@ Ford Idaho...Thanks for the reminder. I will certainly bring one with me...and have them through one in (freebie perhaps).

@Wiscampsin... one of my biggest issues with buying at this time of the year is that most RV's have been winterized so I cant test out the water system. I'm thinking of having the dealer hook it up to a water source before I buy it..Run the water heater, look for leaks and then re-winterize it...do you think that's too much to ask for?
Maybe I should call them and let them know what I expect before I get there!!!!
Old 01-18-2014, 09:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kijana View Post
@

... I'm thinking of having the dealer hook it up to a water source before I buy it..Run the water heater, look for leaks and then re-winterize it...do you think that's too much to ask for?
Maybe I should call them and let them know what I expect before I get there!!!!
I don't think that's too much to ask for at all. You might ask to watch as they de- and re-winterize the unit for future reference.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:33 PM   #6

Update:
I'm actually very happy with the experience at the RV dealer ( RV Value Mart in Lititz, PA) today. I arrived at the dealer this morning with my checklist at hand and they made sure i had everything on it checked off. We test and re-inspected everything, starting from the roof, roof edges, window, door and slide seals, all exterior connection ports, jacks, tires(pressure and re-torqued the lug nuts), tanks, drain ports, under carriage....etc . When done with the outside, we hooked up the TT to power and water and proceeded to test and inspect the inside. I think it touched and operated everything twice...including testing the fire and propane sensors, water systems, heat, ac, fridge, microware (made popcorn), etc. They even went above and beyond my list, by showing me how to operate the fire extinguisher using a spare that was in the shop floor.
I did ask them to re-cock some areas i thought the manufacture didn't do a good job and they did it on the spot, no questions asked...that included the kitchen sink , around the bath tab and sink, around the windows(and not just half way), around the connection ports, etc.
Another bonus i got (or so i think) was the fact that they asked me to pick one item in the service store that i wanted at "their cost" so i picked the Equalizer 1200lbs TW WD hitch and they sold it for $475 Installed (They let me look it up on Amazon to confirm they weren't duping me).
Everything that I bought in the store they let me price check online as well as install it for free...this included a spare tire and rack, bike rack mount, bathroom vent, winterizing adaptor, mirror extensions and level indicators.
After letting me watch them install everything (including the WD hitch), they accompanied me as i took out the trailer to setup my brake controller and test the trailer brakes. The they let me unhook and hookup the trailer for practice and let me keep the wood for the jack.
Five hours later from when we started, i was ready to sign the paper work. They brought me to the office, handled all the paper work for me, re-verified everything including the VIN and serial numbers of the trailer and appliances....and lastly gave me a free coupon for a large pizza for me to grab on my way home.
Needless to say i was quite happy with everything....The travel trailer itself, the price, service at the dealer and certainly the free lunch/dinner . I had a smile the whole way home on my two hour drive.
I can only hope they treat all their customers the way they treated me, their level of service remains the same over time and the TT holds up for many years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1113.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	45365  
Old 01-27-2014, 09:58 PM   #7

Sounds like you have a great dealer to work with!!! Hope you have many great years of RVing!!

TT: 2013 26' Revere TBQB
TV: 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 4x4
glen1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:15 PM   #8

Wow. Very impressive dealer. I've bought three new TTs and never had that level of customer service. One dealer was close to that and one was in the middle and one was basically like buying it privately. I have to admit the one with the minimal service did have a blowout price.

Enjoy your TT. Happy camping.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:12 PM   #9

I bought my shasta revere from boatnrv in hamburg. They were my best friend until I signed the papers. I had a couple things that after our first trip we found to be issues. The kitchen faucet had a crack near the mounting hole. I asked them to replace it it took 3 1/2 weeks for them to replace. The black tank shut off valve was not sealing all the way and when I went to hook up my hose I got a very nasty surprise. I was furious when that happened. They told me the valve needed to be replaced as it was faulty from the factory. They replaced it and It works as it should now but... I had to open up the hole where the valve handle comes through the frame because it was getting stuck. They had my TT for over a month. they promised me the TT for my trip luckily they finished it the friday before our trip started but it was a nightmare. The PDI was rushed and i missed a few things. I have it pretty much mastered now that I have been camping with it a few times. I am very happy with my TT but will not go back to BoatnRV for another purchase or service for that matter. I am going to try out RV value mart in Litiz pa it seems that all I have talked to are very happy with them.

Good luck with your TT and happy camping..
Old 03-07-2014, 06:40 PM   #10

So glad to hear the reviews for rv value in Lititz. I am actually go there in 2 weeks for a 2013 Shasta Oasis 285BHS and a little nervous about it because it is a 4 hour drive for me. I hope their customer service is at least half as good as people have said.