Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2018, 01:22 PM   #1

Phoenix Shasta 360BH Reviews

Hello All,
I'm a new owner of the Phoenix 5th wheel and looking for other owners to compare reviews.
Only a couple of complaints thus far; several plumbing connections not tightened which caused leaks,
Radio reception is almost nonexistent.
Anyone else have these issues?
Thanks
Cheti Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheti Island View Post
Hello All,
I'm a new owner of the Phoenix 5th wheel and looking for other owners to compare reviews.
Only a couple of complaints thus far; several plumbing connections not tightened which caused leaks,
Radio reception is almost nonexistent.
Anyone else have these issues?
Thanks
We have the same 5th wheel. We picked ours up in February. I've made a few changes... within the first 3 days I upgraded the factory tires to say Lunes, I added the step above morryde steps, I also switched out our hitch to a Goose Box hitch made by Reese, and a few little odds and ends. We Live in Central Texas and have probably spent around 20 nights or so in the camper. Went to Phoenix Arizona for spring training and to the Grand Canyon. Probably have around 4,000 miles on the camper so far.

We have only had a few issues. The regulator for the propane switch was faulty... I had to get that switched out. The seal underneath the kitchen slide was getting jammed in the roller when the side was coming back in. I called Chaparral directly and they are sending me a new gasket. That was just last week.

Oh and another issue I discovered was the little touchscreen in the hallway wasn't plugged into our auto level system. I didn't think it was a big deal until I discovered that is the only way to reset the system if anything happens. I called LCI and they said to pull the screen off the wall and look down into the wall and see if I could see the plug hanging there. They said it was actually a common issue they see with all manufacturers. I removed the screen and sure enough I could see the plug just hanging there in the wall. Took a little effort, but I did get it out and plugged in.

I am not sure if you realize this, but one of the reasons there aren't tons of reviews for the Phoenix is because it's made by Coachman who makes the Chaparral. They are made in the same plant and by the same folks. All my paperwork that I receive all said Coachman the top. When I called in for warranty issues I called and talked to the shop real folks. There are more Chaparral 360ibl out there than they are the Phoenix line. So if you go read reviews on the Chaparral you're basically reading reviews on The Phoenix.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180620_174211.jpeg
Views:	197
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	185466Click image for larger version

Name:	20180215_154843.jpeg
Views:	278
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	185467
beerbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbuggy View Post
We have the same 5th wheel. We picked ours up in February. I've made a few changes... within the first 3 days I upgraded the factory tires to say Lunes, I added the step above morryde steps, I also switched out our hitch to a Goose Box hitch made by Reese, and a few little odds and ends. We Live in Central Texas and have probably spent around 20 nights or so in the camper. Went to Phoenix Arizona for spring training and to the Grand Canyon. Probably have around 4,000 miles on the camper so far.

We have only had a few issues. The regulator for the propane switch was faulty... I had to get that switched out. The seal underneath the kitchen slide was getting jammed in the roller when the side was coming back in. I called Chaparral directly and they are sending me a new gasket. That was just last week.

Oh and another issue I discovered was the little touchscreen in the hallway wasn't plugged into our auto level system. I didn't think it was a big deal until I discovered that is the only way to reset the system if anything happens. I called LCI and they said to pull the screen off the wall and look down into the wall and see if I could see the plug hanging there. They said it was actually a common issue they see with all manufacturers. I removed the screen and sure enough I could see the plug just hanging there in the wall. Took a little effort, but I did get it out and plugged in.

I am not sure if you realize this, but one of the reasons there aren't tons of reviews for the Phoenix is because it's made by Coachman who makes the Chaparral. They are made in the same plant and by the same folks. All my paperwork that I receive all said Coachman the top. When I called in for warranty issues I called and talked to the shop real folks. There are more Chaparral 360ibl out there than they are the Phoenix line. So if you go read reviews on the Chaparral you're basically reading reviews on The Phoenix.

Attachment 185466Attachment 185467
I'm a big fan of my gossebox and open bed. How do like it?
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shasta