one drop into hole
one drop onto screw
put screw into hole (just snug)
done

it is not a problem
getting them out later if needed

Mountainman

Old 04-03-2012, 07:35 AM   #12

The bottom drawer in the kitchen actually came apart on the side, this last camping trip. The top drawer holder (that the cabinet slides into unscrewed) and the one cabinet that is underneath the dinette. Little stuff, but quite annoying.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #13

Hmm, what screws/bolts are you guys refering to that are rusting on the outside? I looked at my revere again just now and I don't see any bolts or screws on the outside of our campr other then the screws holding the blue platic wheel well covers
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #14

Unfortunately I have had my fair share of issues with mine as well, we bought it last june and used it every weekend (except 1)until first week of Oct.... The table fell apart, one cabinet door was falling off, outside kitchen leaked ruining countertop, lock on kitchen does not hit the frame to lock, keyless entry no longer works, deadbolt on outside bathroom door did not line up, motor on awning has stopped working and lastly a soft spot in tub......I know sounds like a lot....Overall we love the space and the trailer so hopefully we got all the bugs worked out last year.
2012 NIGHTS CAMPED 43
racer30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #15

these are a sample of some screws that I replaced on my 2011 minilite. On many screws the white colour started to fade and rust. On other screws the rust is setting inside the screw on the treads etc. If you live near the water where there is always a salty air like South Padre Island the screws will not last a year before heavy rust start to set in.For my part I live in Canada and salty air or not they rusted anyway. Every new screws were sealed in their treads before the installation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06489.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	11698  
Old 04-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #16

Yes, there are screws in the blue panels and they rusted. All the bolts on the levelers or stabilizing jacks have rusted. The pipes underneath the camper are rusted. I guess it looks a lot different on the showroom floor. Overall, I like the shasta because of the open floor space and high ceiling. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #17

After bending 4 sets of snap up brackets (reese) our dealer decided they are going to replace with equal-i-zer system. What are you guys towing with?
Old 04-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #18
Brigitte

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoongirl10
Yes, there are screws in the blue panels and they rusted. All the bolts on the levelers or stabilizing jacks have rusted. The pipes underneath the camper are rusted. I guess it looks a lot different on the showroom floor. Overall, I like the shasta because of the open floor space and high ceiling. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Not sure what is normal or not, this is our first trailer. I have to go look/see if there is rust like on your's. What should be expected normal wear on trailer regardless of make or brand?
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #19
Brigitte

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoongirl10
After bending 4 sets of snap up brackets (reese) our dealer decided they are going to replace with equal-i-zer system. What are you guys towing with?
We have 800 lbs spring bars and dual cam Reese. Nothing bent yet but the screws holding the cams have striped in the frame. Getting that fixed this week somewhere else perhaps with a back bracket or tack weld the corners
Our trailer is 5800 lbs +/- loaded
How heavy is your's?
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by boubou View Post
We have 800 lbs spring bars and dual cam Reese. Nothing bent yet but the screws holding the cams have striped in the frame. Getting that fixed this week somewhere else perhaps with a back bracket or tack weld the corners
Our trailer is 5800 lbs +/- loaded
How heavy is your's?
Is that the screws in the the snap up brackets? Ours is also a Reese. Dry weight I think is around 6300lbs, it's the 26qbtb. I guess we will find out this weekend how this equilzer system is. We pull with a nissan titan prox4, but it has also bent with my nissan armada.