Old 06-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #31
Only problem with our shasta revere 21 fbs so far:
One exterior speaker not working and the water pump was leaking lightly but stopped when I turned the pipe a bit.

2013 Jayco Eagle HT 23.5
2010 Ram 1500 HEMI with integrated brake controller, tow mirrors and Michelins LTX/AT2 275/65R20 max load: 3750 lbs. @ 80 psi but we keep them 50-55 psi
Superglide 2700
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #32
I'm not very smart, but. If I was the guy in charge of Forest River, and this is why I will never be in charge, I would be up someones ***** to contact anyone that had a complaint, and fix it. I would be like the NFL, I don't want to see our name "Forest River" connected in any way to bad press.

Some RV's you build are trouble free, the ones that ain't you fix or replace and make the people happy, forget the cost. If you have people working for you that can't cut it, here's the door. I like to work alone, if it don't get done it's my fault. If it does get done, it's still my fault.

For example, take the worst case here, I would replace the RV with new. Have the old one delivered to the place it was built. I would shut down production for four hours, with pay. I would tell all the employees to go look at what they built and make it loud and clear. If you keep this up, we will ALL be out of a job.

Forest River are you listening?

Mike & Lu Anne
& our Jack Russell 'Genny'
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2011 Chevy CC Duramax Z/71
OH plate GM DMAX
Hensley Arrow
MIKE44460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #33
Spoon girl I also live in Maryland and own the same unit as u,did u purchase from chesaco rv by chance?we also have had many issues with ours.
Optimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #34
Avoid Shasta at all costMore 26tbqb problems! 17k Paperweight!

After arriving at our most recent campsite, I quickly noticed the outlets on the GFCI outlet were without power. After some troubleshooting I took the bathroom GFCI outlet off and noticed the hot lead must have came loose and burnt through the back of the outlet, rendering it useless and not to mention a nice fire hazard!!! Proceeded to drive 40 minutes away to the nearest Home Depot to purchase a new $16 GFCI. All outlets on GFCI operated correctly after replacement. We then faced the same issue of the slide fuse burning out (only twice this trip), but this time something from under the carpet on the slide must have caught the flooring and tore it pretty bad (don't think there is an easy fix with that one). We then noticed that the bathroom fan was inoperable. While troubleshooting the fan I received DC voltage to the leads of the fan, which led me to the conclusion of a bad fan motor. No other problems for the rest of the trip, thank God! We then arrived home only to find out that for some reason the breaker marked Gen (in very sloppy handwriting) kept tripping the main. I'm a diy'er, so I tried to traced the wires only to notice almost all the romex behind the distribution panel goes up through emt conduit without any insulating bushings. That is completely unacceptable in commercial bldg code, as well as residential. Appears to be another potential fire hazard well, to me at least. The more I dig into this thing, the more the scab, shoddy, no pride craftsmanship becomes more and more apparent!!!! It disgusts me to think of how much I paid for this thing and what I'm getting out of it. I can post pics to back these claims up if anyone would wish to see them.
spoongirl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #35
Re: Optimus Prime

Yes, we did purchase our RV from Chesaco. We have had some issues with Chesaco, but they are obviously not a contributing factor to this piece of crap Shasta. Chesaco should read these forums and stop selling these rolling turds. My friend stopped by to check out my initial rust issue. His only reply was that his grandma has a 1980's Winnebago and it looks brand new compared to, glad I bought a 2011. The only light I can shed on this subject would be that I have honed in my skills as an electrician, plumber, metal worker, and carpenter.
spoongirl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #36
I have been up to Chesaco but never did purchase anything from them.It's really a shame about the Shasta's. The original Shasta's from the 50's-60's when I was a kid were really desirable travel trailers.I still remember the wing things they use to have on the sides.

Steve & Sue
2011 Crusader 320RLT
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 (CTD) DRW 4x4
RattVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:50 AM   #37
At what plant the Shasta is made?
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #38
Anyone else having troubles with the hinges on cabinet doors? so far i have replaced 8 hinges on the cabinets and will need to do more yet.... the hinges are so tight that the screws are pulling out of the cabinet.....At first i tried bigger screws(without changing hinges) but it didnt work so now i am down to change the hinge and replacing screws as well.....

2011 32ckds Shasta Revere
2009 Dodge Ram 1500slt
Moncton New Brunswick Canada
racer30 is offline   Reply With Quote