Old 05-29-2012, 11:02 PM   #11

The overall floor plans are very similar between the units. Big things that I like about the Shadow Cruiser are the weight (2000lbs less) b/c of aluminum framing. Also, I like that it had a "real" door that shuts off the bunk room, versus just the sliding heavy curtain. The swivel TV in the main cabin/bedroom is a nice touch too.

The Revere has a good bit more headroom (but at the expense of overall trailer height and more wind resistance). The outdoor kitchen is nicer.

It will be good to get both side by side.

Forensic

Old 05-29-2012, 11:12 PM   #12

The other thing I forgot to mention is that the Shadow Cruiser has the small dinette in the bunk room but the specific model Revere at our dealer only has the bunk beds. I think my daughter would really enjoy her own table in a few years.

On the other hand, I could remove the one bottom bunk and leave her a lot of floor space to do what she wanted. Although, I am not sure I like the idea of buying a new unit just to alter it myself.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensicdeac View Post
The other thing I forgot to mention is that the Shadow Cruiser has the small dinette in the bunk room but the specific model Revere at our dealer only has the bunk beds. I think my daughter would really enjoy her own table in a few years.

On the other hand, I could remove the one bottom bunk and leave her a lot of floor space to do what she wanted. Although, I am not sure I like the idea of buying a new unit just to alter it myself.
The Shasta Revere 30CKBH has the same bunk with dinette arrangement. That (along with the outdoor kitchen) was one of the big selling points for us on this model. We only have 2 kids, and we were much happier having the useful space for the kids in place of an unused bunk .... and with both bunks being tops bunks, the kids don't have to fight over who gets the top bunk .
dasimser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:01 AM   #14

That's pretty much how I feel about the space in the bunk room. The more i think about it, the more I like taking out the bottom bunk in order to give the most versatility.

I guess I'll see when I get the two side by side.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #15

Update:
We looked at the Shasta and the Shadow Cruiser in person the other day and there really is no comparison in my opinion. The Shasta is much nicer and seemed better built.

Unfortunately, we saw another trailer we like. It is the Salem 30KQBSS. It seems like choosing between a GMC and a Chevy. IT will come down to which dealer offers more goodies aftermarket because the prices are almost identical.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensicdeac
Update:
We looked at the Shasta and the Shadow Cruiser in person the other day and there really is no comparison in my opinion. The Shasta is much nicer and seemed better built.

Unfortunately, we saw another trailer we like. It is the Salem 30KQBSS. It seems like choosing between a GMC and a Chevy. IT will come down to which dealer offers more goodies aftermarket because the prices are almost identical.
Go with the Salem we have a Shasta and wish we could give it back
Old 06-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #17
Brigitte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus prime View Post
Go with the Salem we have a Shasta and wish we could give it back
you speak from your sole experience, sorry it's a bad one.
I for one, have had no problem so far with the Shasta (other than one outside speaker not working and a small leak at the water pump with corrected itself upon moving the pump a bit to check it out).
The Shasta tows really well and I have yet to find loose anything.
it's built solid and feels solid. IMHO
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #18

We ended up putting a deposit down on the Salem 30KQBSS. We liked the pocket doors better, more accessible storage, and the outside grill versus just the duel burners. Also, I got a few more extras thrown in (TV, hitch, slide topper) and came out with a little better price.

I will say, however, the Shasta we looked at seemed like a mighty fine unit.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Forensic
Old 06-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #19

We've had our Salem 30 KQBSS for a little over a year now and aside for a few small issues,simply love it.Good luck and happy camping with yours.
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #20

Thanks. Is there anything in particular that I should look out for? I have heard a story from an individual about one coming with bad tires.

We are scheduled to pick ours up in two weeks. I am so excited and can't stop planning future trips!