Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #1

Revere 30QBS

I am looking for a travel trailer and came across a supposedly great deal on a Revere 30QBS. Haven't been to the dealer yet (2.5hrs away), but it looks good online. I am nervous, however, that the Shasta/Revere website no longer lists this model. Does anyone know why or have any experience with it? Is it something I should be concerned with?

Thanks.
forensicdeac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
Brigitte

We have the 21 fbs le and love it so far. A couple of minor problems like a speaker not working and a small leak at the water pump. Warranty will fix these.
Trailer built solid! The drawers are not just stappled together like a lot other are and tons of storage. The trailer sits high and has tall ceilings. I believe someone on this site has the model you are looking at, maybe he will chime in.
I find Shasta Revere has a lot of extra that come standards like black tank flush, winterization kit, back rack which seems solid, toy lock, skylight in shower, large area for lage tv which I find a lot of TT lack, deep slide.
Our model is still listed but somethings were changed... The fresh water tank went from 50 gallons to 37 gallons, tongue weight is less...
As for why your model not being listed, I think they just change models a lot, I wouldn't be overly concerned with this.
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #3

Thanks for your input. The dealers are seemingly trying to get rid of the 2012s in order to make room for the 2013s so deals are plentiful. It just makes me a little nervous that I can't find much out from the manufacturer on that model.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:49 AM   #4
Brigitte

Is this what you are looking for?
Saved this last year from Shasta's website
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2011ShastaRevere-1.pdf (3.29 MB, 116 views)
Timbrens
Old 05-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensicdeac
Thanks for your input. The dealers are seemingly trying to get rid of the 2012s in order to make room for the 2013s so deals are plentiful. It just makes me a little nervous that I can't find much out from the manufacturer on that model.
check out shastarving.com for details on product. i own a 30 ckbh and we are in love with it. Forest River bought the Shasta line so you'll get support from them they are still selling them. Trailer is awesome , great finish inside and out , well equiped and the outside kit hen males everyo e i know jealous.

check it up !

dany
Danybgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #6

We have a 27' BHS and love it. We're a family of 5 and it fits all us perfectly. It's big enough for all of us and yet small enough for us when the kids stop going with it.

For the prices, IMO, it was well worth it
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #7

Thanks for the input. The unit we were looking at previously sold before we could make up our minds.

However, we are now eyeing a different Shasta unit. This time, it is the 30BHSS. It has the bunk room in the back and an outdoor kitchen.

It is down to that Revere and a Shadow Cruiser 28QBS. They are very similar floorplans and close in price. I can't seem to find much much on the durability of either unit (because both are relatively new models).

Going on Tuesday to look at both side by side.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Thanks for the input. The unit we were looking at previously sold before we could make up our minds.

However, we are now eyeing a different Shasta unit. This time, it is the 30BHSS. It has the bunk room in the back and an outdoor kitchen.

It is down to that Revere and a Shadow Cruiser 28QBS. They are very similar floorplans and close in price. I can't seem to find much much on the durability of either unit (because both are relatively new models).

Going on Tuesday to look at both side by side.
think twice before you buy a Shadow Cruiser , i had the same comparison here in Québec and I found that the Shadow Cruiser had poor inside finish compared to the Revere . Shadow Cruiser is light but just look inside the kitchen drawers to find cheap wood . your choice !
Danybgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #9

Thanks for the input. Couldn't get to the dealer today so I am going tomorrow morning. I will definitely look at the details of manufacturing. Right now I have a Shadow Cruiser priced at almost $3000 less. Unless I can get the dealer to move on the Revere, my decision may be made for me!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #10
Brigitte

besides $3000.00 what are the differences between the 2 units? what would the Revere have over the Shadow cruiser for 3000 more?
I chose the Revere over a Jayco because I got so much more for the money, large slide, blacktank flush, back rack, toy lock, 17 foot awning ( on a 22 long box TT) winterizing kit, electric and gas hot water tank, oven, lots of plug ins, lights above bed and a shelve, detachable power cord, outdoor speaker, large tv area, spare tire, stabilizer jacks...
I (so far) am pretty happy with this trailer and it's features for the price paid. I saw a few other TT for sale for about 3000 or more less afterward but then realized they were missing a lot of these features I now enjoy.
Timbrens
Old 05-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #11

The overall floor plans are very similar between the units. Big things that I like about the Shadow Cruiser are the weight (2000lbs less) b/c of aluminum framing. Also, I like that it had a "real" door that shuts off the bunk room, versus just the sliding heavy curtain. The swivel TV in the main cabin/bedroom is a nice touch too.

The Revere has a good bit more headroom (but at the expense of overall trailer height and more wind resistance). The outdoor kitchen is nicer.

It will be good to get both side by side.

Forensic
Old 05-29-2012, 10:12 PM   #12

The other thing I forgot to mention is that the Shadow Cruiser has the small dinette in the bunk room but the specific model Revere at our dealer only has the bunk beds. I think my daughter would really enjoy her own table in a few years.

On the other hand, I could remove the one bottom bunk and leave her a lot of floor space to do what she wanted. Although, I am not sure I like the idea of buying a new unit just to alter it myself.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensicdeac View Post
The other thing I forgot to mention is that the Shadow Cruiser has the small dinette in the bunk room but the specific model Revere at our dealer only has the bunk beds. I think my daughter would really enjoy her own table in a few years.

On the other hand, I could remove the one bottom bunk and leave her a lot of floor space to do what she wanted. Although, I am not sure I like the idea of buying a new unit just to alter it myself.
The Shasta Revere 30CKBH has the same bunk with dinette arrangement. That (along with the outdoor kitchen) was one of the big selling points for us on this model. We only have 2 kids, and we were much happier having the useful space for the kids in place of an unused bunk .... and with both bunks being tops bunks, the kids don't have to fight over who gets the top bunk .
dasimser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:01 AM   #14

That's pretty much how I feel about the space in the bunk room. The more i think about it, the more I like taking out the bottom bunk in order to give the most versatility.

I guess I'll see when I get the two side by side.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #15

Update:
We looked at the Shasta and the Shadow Cruiser in person the other day and there really is no comparison in my opinion. The Shasta is much nicer and seemed better built.

Unfortunately, we saw another trailer we like. It is the Salem 30KQBSS. It seems like choosing between a GMC and a Chevy. IT will come down to which dealer offers more goodies aftermarket because the prices are almost identical.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #16

Quote:
Update:
We looked at the Shasta and the Shadow Cruiser in person the other day and there really is no comparison in my opinion. The Shasta is much nicer and seemed better built.

Unfortunately, we saw another trailer we like. It is the Salem 30KQBSS. It seems like choosing between a GMC and a Chevy. IT will come down to which dealer offers more goodies aftermarket because the prices are almost identical.
Go with the Salem we have a Shasta and wish we could give it back
Optimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:53 AM   #17
Brigitte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus prime View Post
Go with the Salem we have a Shasta and wish we could give it back
you speak from your sole experience, sorry it's a bad one.
I for one, have had no problem so far with the Shasta (other than one outside speaker not working and a small leak at the water pump with corrected itself upon moving the pump a bit to check it out).
The Shasta tows really well and I have yet to find loose anything.
it's built solid and feels solid. IMHO
Timbrens
Old 06-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #18

We ended up putting a deposit down on the Salem 30KQBSS. We liked the pocket doors better, more accessible storage, and the outside grill versus just the duel burners. Also, I got a few more extras thrown in (TV, hitch, slide topper) and came out with a little better price.

I will say, however, the Shasta we looked at seemed like a mighty fine unit.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Forensic
Old 06-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #19

We've had our Salem 30 KQBSS for a little over a year now and aside for a few small issues,simply love it.Good luck and happy camping with yours.
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #20

Thanks. Is there anything in particular that I should look out for? I have heard a story from an individual about one coming with bad tires.

We are scheduled to pick ours up in two weeks. I am so excited and can't stop planning future trips!