Old 08-12-2016, 12:07 PM   #1
Review of Phoenix 34 RD

After the shake down trip, I had a few issues that I took it back to the dealer:
bad caulking on shower door
toilet bubbles
fridge is inconsistent
a couple minor things
I was thrilled the dealer was done a week earlier than I expected. Note: they claim nothing wrong with fridge and toilet minor bubbling is normal.

We leave for our week in the Blue Ridge mountains and things get interesting. Fridge won't stay operational on gas while traveling. When we get to our destination (8 hr trip) fridge is 58 deg and "LP" flashing. We put back on electric and starts to cool down.

The first night as we get ready to go to bed, the toilet backs up. Nothing I do will budge the clog. The next morning, I unhook everything and tow it to an RV repair shop a couple miles away. Within an hour they have unclogged it, cut the drain pipe in the basement and removed the excess pipe they left too long in the black tank. Works great now.

Just for laughs, I try running the fridge on gas one day while we were there. I worked fine, but on the return trip, same thing, flashes LP.

So it's at CW (10 min from home vs 1.5 hrs to the dealer) to look at the fridge again. Also, BT flush isn't working.

So given the start up problems, here's my feed back on the satisfaction of the camper:
I love the floor plan.
I love the comfort of the Lazy Boy furniture
LED lights inside and out
I'm a little disappointed that there is not king bed option
There are no options for ceiling fans
Why is there no water filter?
The dvd hooks to the LED TV via coax cable - really? The stereo has Bluetooth, but no HDMI -
The HWH bypass is behind an access panel in the basement - that's inconvenient! Aren't most on the control panel these days?
The awning seems terribly small - we had 20' on the old camper and 15' on this one. Not only is the length lacking, but it doesn't see as wide either.

Overall, I think after we get the kinks worked out, we will love it, but Shasta could have easily put it over the top!
2016 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW
(on order) 2017 Shasta 34RD
bikeman911 is offline   Reply With Quote