Old 08-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #1
Shasta Flyte

2008 Wildwood 31QBSS
Empty weight is 6,600
TV is 2007 6.2L Yukon XL Denali (Limit of 7,900)

Family of six, plus my mom sometimes, plus the dog. So, no surprise, we're finding ourselves quickly at the limit of the Yukon.

I considered keeping the trailer and going to a 3/4 ton Yukon (old 8.1L ones) or an Excursion.

Thinking, instead, of upgrading trailers to lose a thousand pounds and get more comfortable. We like the Yukon and I sense it's worth more to us than we'll get on the resale market.

No squawks on our current trailer, other than the dinette is not big enough and the slide has started "biting" the floor on one corner and beat it up.

So...looking to trade at Camping World for a new 30 ft. Shasta that's 800lb-ish lighter. From what I can see, this is a CW-only build, won't carry NADA values, etc.

Thoughts on the forum on these models?

Thanks in advance-

davidherbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
yes the flyte is a camping world only model I have not seen one in person but appears the be very similar to the oasis which I have seen and been in(was gonna buy a oasis until we went in a revere) and some notables are no ducted heat or air and lower ceilings making the camper feel less roomy.Don't know if you have actually seen the flyte yet but if not I would start by checking them out and make sure it's something you would be happy with and take it from there.

2014 Shasta revere 27RL
rich250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:04 PM   #3
We bought a 215 ck in September . We immediately have had issues. Soft spot in the floor and lazy construction . Things were falling off inside as we proceeded down the road. We only used it that once and rI didn't have time to bring it back , so hopefully they are fixing it now.
I'll keep you guys updated.
Wildhearts1999 is offline   Reply With Quote