Old 05-23-2015, 08:45 PM   #1

Shasta Oasis 28BK Questions

Evening all, I just bought a 2015 28bk for my family of four. This is our second TT but I had a couple of questions for modifications etc. As you may know the shastas do not come with TV's or Radios installed. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if and how hard it is to install the two. I also wanted to have two marine speakers installed to the outside. Secondly I was curious if anyone had installed the LED light strips under the awning track and how well it works being there is a slide on the same side. I am having trouble figuring out where to mount the controller etc. Last but not least I missed in the demo what the second switch in the TT is for to the right of the door as you walk in. One is the amber awning light and cant seem to figure out the other ones function. I have tried all the lights but no luck with the switch. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2014 Ram 1500
2015 Shasta Oasis 28BK
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oasis Trailer.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	77838  

Old 05-23-2015, 09:04 PM   #2

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1432429215.634524.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	77844 We installed a 32" LED with built in DVD player in our 25RL. I contacted Shasta and they said the backer had plenty enough strength for a 32". My grandson has tested it out and provided his seal of approval. I can lift the TV out of the bracket and bring it in for winter. Not sure I have to but I do.

Old 05-23-2015, 09:09 PM   #3

I had to get mine worked on because they had the wiring a tad screwed up. Then inner most switch on mine turns on the interior ceiling lights in kitchen dining area. When I did my walk through both switches turned off the outside light and the one closest to the door frame did interior and exterior. They work fine now with the switch closest to the door controlling the outside light.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:11 PM   #4

Radio wise I just run a satellite radio and run the antenna wire out through the slide seal and place it on the roof. Works fine.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:37 PM   #5

Awesome sounds great with the TV. Unfortunately I didnt catch the switch problem on the walk through. Im imagining the one is for the interior lights however i had them all turned on and none would turn off or on with the switch. Called the dealer today and they couldn't seem to figure out the issue either.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:42 PM   #6

The switches on the lights themselves had to be on for the switch to work.

Tags
shasta