Old 08-14-2016, 04:01 PM   #1

Shasta Revere 32DS

Hey all,
I'm new here and have some questionsa bout my revere. We bought it new last september and have had lots of little issues with it and one or two larger ones. The small ones range from staples not being all the way in to the carpet to cupboard doors falling off. The major has been the slider getting tweaked and actually grabbing the BH door, and the outside kitchen taking on water as well as the hing repeatedly ripping off of the wall. Just wondering if anyone else has had similiar issues with their revere?

Old 08-16-2016, 09:38 AM   #2

Windmoor

Yeah we brought a new 2015 Shasta Flyte 265RLS both my wife and I loved the layout however since April has become a nightmare. The major problem we've had is a bent axle 3rd time out and the Shasta Warranty isn't worth the paper its printed on. In order to get considered for warranty the old axle must be shipped to Lippert for them to determine whether its user error or not (my document claims Forest River warranties the chassis for 1 year from purchase), OK but that can't be done until the customer pays $233 shipping one way from Barrie On and then $233 shipping back total $466, the new axle if they cover it is $420 but only if they determine its their problem (what are the odds of that happening???) Plus the labor from the dealership is $125.00 per hour so at a least a total $300 to $400, plus HST. HA HA great warranty its cheaper not to user their warranty. But here is the real problem I decided to get a 2nd opinion so I took it too a Spring and Alignment place in Barrie On and they said that the 2 x 3500 lbs axles is bear minimum requirement for Trailer!!! They recommend 2 x 5200 lbs axles. Plus the springs which I didn't notice have no arch left in them. Not bad for a trailer used 3 times since May 2016!!! The worst part is the management at Shasta Warranty will not return my emails or phone calls. We're considering trading it in on Jayco as they have bumper to bumper 2 yrs and they are not Forest River. Hopefully I haven't got you all concerned ours is more than likely a lemon or just a bad choice of dealership (Heidi's Superstore Oro Medonte ON) I guess its good to get this stuff circulating and them maybe the manufacture will listen to the customer.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:46 AM   #3

My concern is that mine is a lemon as well, although it seems you have a much more serious problem than I do. I am considering getting a redwood or an open range. We'll see how the rest of the season pay out though. Especially since our warranty is up in a few months.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:52 PM   #4

Windmoor

Well right after I replied to your post I got a response back from Dean Brovont, Warranty Manager at Shasta and his response was

GROSS WEIGHT OF 7701 , SUBTRACT HITCH WIEGHT YOU ARE UNDER THE 7000 LBS OF THE AXLES .

That's all I got for an answer. Nothing about the axle costing more to ship than the actual! OH well I guess they just don't care about their reputation.

enjoy the rest of the camping season.
Old 08-17-2016, 04:17 PM   #5

Sorry to hear about your issues.

I, too, have a 2015 Revere 32DS. Bought October 2014 and took delivery in April 2015. We've had a few small issues (leaks in grey water drain pipe joints, screw in ceiling of sliding door to front bedroom not catching a stud and sagging, screws in two stabilizer jacks warped at delivery). We also had one significant issue - the main door was not plum. When it got hit with direct sun, it would swell slightly, making the door near impossible to close (would catch at the top left corner).

Our dealer, a small and local place, has been great at providing repairs during and after the warranty.

We get quite a bit of use out of ours - 32 nights in 2015 and will have 38 nights by Labor Day this season.

I'd say build and quality control is par with the industry, which isn't saying a lot for the industry or Shasta. Definitely sounds like you have a lemon. After reading your posts, I'll take the little issues I've had...
Old 08-17-2016, 05:38 PM   #6

windmoor

Well I think you hit the nail on the head saying you brought from a small dealership that cares about the customer. We brought at a large "Superstore" (they call themselves) and customer service is non-existent. Absolutely no support dealing with Forest River over the axles from the dealership. Oh well see what happens.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:57 PM   #7

We had a 2012 Shasta Revere bought it brand new in May, in September 2012 we traded it in for a Tracer 3200BHT. We just had issue after issue with the Revere and it was in the shop more then in a campground.

Just my 2 cents
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 12:34 AM   #8

we have a 2016 Shasta Revere 27BHS. We have 27 days camping in this trailer. No major issues yet. Some small issues have been user error. Too bad you've had issues. My dealer was really awesome, they went through and fixed at least a half dozen factory issues.

Tags
shasta