Old 09-28-2016, 10:09 AM   #1
Winter cover for a Shasta Oasis

Any advice on a reasonable winter cover to cover an Oasis 18BH. What fit's the Oasis trailers the best?

Live in Canada so the winters are somewhat harsh.

Do I even need to cover the RV or is it fine to just leave it out.

Was planning on covering the A/C and tires with appropriate covers, but wasn't sure of the unit itself.

Any advice would be appreciated.

KingstonCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:24 PM   #2
I have a Shasta Revere and use a camping world cover. It is a breathable fabric, fits well, sold by your actual trailer length. I always cover in winter to protect from snow / rain then freezing. Moisture and freezing will hurt your unit I have watched it pull apart joints in boats and RV's. My routine is to winterize systems, prior to covering trailer I use pipe insulation foam sold in home improvement stores to cover sharp edges (ladder, gutter extensions, tv antenna, radio antenna, etc.) taped in place, then a couple of pool pillows inflated on top under the cover. they help the cover shed blowing snow and rain. I also have vent covers so I can leave my roof vents cracked open to help displace condensation, additionally I put a 5 gallon plastic bucket half full of rock salt in my shower this helps absorb more condensation from trailer, if enough moisture is pulled it will fill bucket that is why it stays in shower. At one time I used poly tarps but do not recommend it they do not breath and promote more condensation. Just my 3 cents.

cphubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:16 PM   #3
I don't have your Canadian winters, but do have about 3 months of solid cold weather.

I do not cover, but do put Lynx Levelers under the tires to keep off the grass in the side yard. I also park the TT in the lee of the house to reduce the wind and sun, and have no trees near it, so few leaves and twigs to worry about.

-Laura 2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH & 2015 Ram 1500 Hemi
actadh is offline   Reply With Quote

cover, shasta, winter