Old 05-13-2015, 01:20 PM   #1

12V Socket/USB/Voltmeter Command Center

Thought I would post an image of my 'Command Center'. I added a floor light and switch to the upper corner, to switch the new floor light and factory light. This provides more light when nature calls in the middle of the night without having to turn on the overhead lights and the switch is easier to find with my hand in the dark.

I added a 12V Socket/USB/Voltmeter and used the existing switch that used to power the floor light for just the voltage meter. The USB is a dual port with 2.1 amps per port and no LED light. My only complaint is that the voltage meter only goes to one decimal place, but it still gives me a good idea of my battery power.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0045.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	297.8 KB
ID:	76863  

Old 05-13-2015, 01:26 PM   #2

Nice! What was the source for the combo unit?

Brian

Old 05-13-2015, 01:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuit72 View Post

I added a 12V Socket/USB/Voltmeter and used the existing switch that used to power the floor light for just the voltage meter. The USB is a dual port with 2.1 amps per port and no LED light. My only complaint is that the voltage meter only goes to one decimal place, but it still gives me a good idea of my battery power.
I have the 2 port version (USB/voltmeter only) in the mail right now. I am glad it is working for you. That puts my mind at peace.
Old 05-13-2015, 01:58 PM   #4

I had to contact the seller directly to get the 4.2 amp dual USB (2.1 amp per port) without the LED in the triple configuration. I also ordered a jumper to wire the 12V Socket and USB. I put the voltage meter on a switch.

Triple 3.1 Amp USB Charger + Voltmeter +12 V Socket Panel Marine Outlet Jack #cr/cv/cu/qplt/4sq

Dual USB High Power 4.2 Amp Charger and Voltmeter Panel Mount Marine 12V Outlet #ycn/cvmr/cw/t/4sq
Old 06-17-2015, 02:40 PM   #5

Where did you patch into the 12v or did you run a wire direct from the batts? Did you put additional fuses inline. I have the same unit waiting for a free weekend to install.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:13 AM   #6

Welcome to the forum, resq65.

I can't answer for Biscuit and how he did it, but here is some info.

There is a 12V circuit in the cabinet to power the stereo, night light and outdoor light. It does not come from the converter fuse panel, so there must be an inline fuse somewhere. Many people here have tapped it for outlets. IDK the location or rating of the fuse.

I put 12V outlets into the same cabinet by tapping into the fridge circuit and running a wire. Which is easy enough in the A122 variations with the fixed beds. An advantage of tapping the fridge circuit is that it is on a 20 amp fuse in the converter that is easy to replace and will never be in use while the camper is occupied. Use 12 Ga wire at a minimum. The outlets each have an inline fuse since they are rated less that the circuit, 15A IIRC.

To place the outlets, I removed the useless (to me) cable pass through. A extra large blank switch plate cover holds two 12V outlets and nicely fits the same spot.

The nice three position power center Biscuit used would be too wide for the same placement and the low location of the cable outlet would make reading the meter awkward. So YMMV.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is online now   Reply With Quote