Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #1

2 Weeks into maiden Voyage--and selling?

Yup, 2 weeks into maiden voyage everything is going g perfect, but as fate would have camped next to a motor coach that WAS for sale and located 50 miles from home, it is a lightly used Lexington 26, bought the dang thing, I hope my a122bh finds a good home, still have 2 weeks to enjoy it, heading north to gray ton beach sp, then back over st Augustine b4 travel in north and complete the purchase, so many people talking to me about down sizing to an AFrame, wow, FR, has a hit on their hands, aliner owners just look and wish. Lol
2017 SUZUKI KINQQUAD 500 EPS
TRAVELINBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #2
Flagstaff 22FBS

Dude, Bob!
Well, at least you are still in the Forest River family!
Enjoy your new class C (when you get it) and be sure to stop in and say "hey" to us Aframers every so often!

Deb

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:09 AM   #3

Hey TRAVELINBOB - how goes the final maiden trip in the A Frame? Always look forward to hearing about others' experiences with these models...

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #4

Bob is back from a one month run. First let me say that this went as smoothly as it did because of many posts by others, this being my first rv, THANKS TO ALL!

Mechanics first, hotwater worked perfect, not much to say but its really efficient relative to the amount of lp it uses, thats great!

Stereo system, worked perfect and the outside speaker is great!

Microwave, used it alot, I am a single guy, really a few times but, it is really impressive relative to power, very quiet!

LP furnace, used it the first couple of nights in st. augustine, it worked perfect, very quick warm up of the unit. That said, at first it would come on and so would the heat pump fan? hmmm why, why, why? didnt know, threw the heat pump breaker and thought about it for 2 days. No good answer thought of, then when I decide to use the heat pump for heat, it came on nicely, heated up the joint, then the fan would not shut off,,,why I asked, why? aahhhh then me remembers the walk through and the need to be sure the fan option is set to AUX bingo.

Heat from unit was great, air conditioner used 3 times, worked great! very cold!

Fridge worked great as well, I found 4 to be the setting which prevented icing, I used only 120v option.

Rained like the dickens or hell as I would say for 3 days in grayton beach up on the panhandle, no leaks at all.

Unit pulls great and with my truck I dont know I have it hooked up, it was a great trip, no issues, not bad for a month trial, that said, I bought a slightly used Lexington which I need to get finalized this week,,,,NO REST FOR THE LUCKY
Old 03-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #5

im not sure why your heatpump fan would come on when you started your furnace .... that certainly doesnt happen in my unit ... however ... looking at the year of your trailer, you probably have a digital thermo.
perhaps others will chime in here concerning this ...
Old 03-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #6

Yes, its a digital, the fan option is just that,,,FAN ONLY, also, hooked up my TAILGATER SATALITE SYSTEM to the input on he unit and it worked perfect, some have said that older units have the incorrect kind of cable and only works with a direct connect to the reciever, GREAT HD PICTURE
Old 03-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #7

Congrats Travelinbob! We camp with friends who have a 24' 2010 Lexington C, they love it! They have also towed a pop up behind it. Something to think about ... take the party with you!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #8
MI Camperz

Is that a record for the fastest RV trade up?
Old 04-16-2013, 05:51 AM   #9

sounds like an amazing trip. There are some amazing deals out there for those looking to purchase. We camped next to a couple who bought a 2002 Mountain Aire class A ~ you would have thought the thing was brand new ~ just beautiful and they pd 30K ~~~~ shaking my head ~ saw several A frames but only one other hybrid and one VW camper van
Old 04-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #10

My heat pump did the same thing the first time we took it out. Could not figure out why the heat pump fan would not shutoff when I turned the furnace on. Then I went to fan and was like ahhh it is set on HI. Turned it to the auto or whatever it is and it was fine. I have a 2014 A122S so I am guessing it is to due with the digital thermostat.
rkuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #11

I set it to AUX when running the furnace, keeps the fan off. It was puzzling before we figured that out. LOL

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote