Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #1

2014 Forest River Rockwood A122Bh -- Leveling, Fuses and Stabilizer Socket Questions

I have a 2014 Rockwood A122BH and am hoping you help answer some questions for me.

I need to pick up some spare fuses and a fuse puller for my unit, what should be I be looking for. Is that something I can pick up at Walmart/Farm and Fleet, etc.

What size Socket is needed for my cordless drill for the Stabilizer Jacks?

I have a BAL Leveler but looking for ideas on what you use for a level/tlevel to see how much you adjust front to back and side to side before adjusting the bal leveler and tongue jack?

Any ideas/help with my questions would be appreciated?

Thanks
SurveyorWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #2

Fuses pull easily by hand. You will need 10,15,20,30,40 to have a full set, IIRC. Take a photo of your converter then pull one and take it the the store to get the right sizes.

The stabilizers use a 3/4 socket.

Most people seem to approximate front to back when they unhitch, lift side to side then adjust front to back for proper level. Use any cheap torpedo level you happen to have or buy a special made stick-on RV level. I am not sure it matters much as long as you find the right place to measure from. I use the back roof panel while lifting the low side wheel and the frame while adjusting the tongue jack. The Bal uses a 3/4 socket but you need one with a universal joint to get the last bit of lift if you use a drill.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
Mostly Harmless

I've used the stick-on bubble levels that I got at a camping store for something like $6 a pair. One is installed on the front of the camper where I can see it out the rear window as I back in. The other is stuck on the roof edge near the front so I can quickly check it as I crank the jack. If you have a smartphone, there are apps that show the angle of tilt of whatever the phone is on. They're remarkably accurate. I'd use that method if I didn't already have the stick-ons.
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #4

Thanks everyone

What type of fuses do I need to buy for replacements? At Walmart, I see different size fuses in a couple of different variety packs with the fuse puller. Some are ATM and the others are slightly bigger. I have a 2014 rockwood a122bh.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #5

See my post here.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post412863

2012 Rockwood A122S

Old 07-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #6

Thanks
Old 07-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #7

Littelfuse and i am sure others make an ATO type 257 "indicator fuse" which is a bit more expensive than regular, but has the benefit of glowing an indicator light if the fuse is blown - which makes for an easier identification than pulling all sorts of fuses and examining visually.

Littelfuse Smart Glow Indicator Fuses
Old 07-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #8

Your converter already has a led indicator built in just to the right of the fuse. It glows when the fuse is blown or absent and there is a load on the circuit.

2012 Rockwood A122S