Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2016, 05:58 PM   #1

2015 Rockwood A192hw loose wires

Well, bought this 2015 A192hw and have never used it. Out of warranty.
LP/CO detector went off all the time. Tried everything, called Rockwood, they said to change it. Went into wiring to check connections and while moving around in there it looks like I pulled a Blue/white wire loose and a solid heavier gauge Blue wire loose. Now only some things work in the camper.
No Rockwood dealer close by. Truly would prefer to fix myself.
Have a call in to them to see if I can get a wiring diagram.

Any chance anyone has one of these and might consider taking picture of the wired connections? Pretty sure I know where the blue/white goes (water heater) but not the Blue...I know it's a main wire out of fuse box from BLUE circuit.

Maybe weird request but just thought I'd ask. Thanks
Lonniethefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:24 AM   #2

Correction, it's a Green/White wire....
Old 08-12-2016, 08:33 AM   #3

What works, and what doesn't work?
Pulled loose from the converter or from a splice connection?

Might help.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:58 AM   #4

Hi, Thanks

My original problem was the CO/LP detector on ALL the time. Figured low voltage. Got in to check the wiring out and as I moved some wiring around to trace the detector wires a slid BLUE wire was loose killing the Detector, furnace and porch light. iIt appears to be the main power wire for position #3 on fuse box.
There is a gang of mostly Green/White wires that the other one might have come out of...
Obviously this was the cause of my original problem of the detector going off all the time and moving the wires just finished it off.

thanks for your interest...
Old 08-12-2016, 12:08 PM   #5

I'll look at mine when I open it up either this weekend or early next week. I need to figure out the fuses on mine since they don't make sense.

I'll see if I have a similar wire. But I'm beginning to believe the wiring differs quite a bit between models.

As for a wiring diagram...good luck. Don't believe there are any available except for some of the equipment added on, such as power winch.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:28 PM   #6

All the power in the trailer went off, unbolted the ground wire from the frame and recrimped it.

Power went off the trailer(part 2, year later), unbolted the ground from the battery and recrimped.

Basically, there was just enough insulation taken off so a sort of a contact was made. I want to see the individual strands poking through.

Also, they need to feed the people on the floor Weetabix. I do a better job crimping with a pair of pliers.
RussPastuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 02:59 PM   #7

Here's what I found for the 12V wires coming out of the converter when I replaced my converter:

1. 10 Amp Water Pump (Brown)
2. 10 Amp Air-conditioner shuts off. Electronic thermostat is powered off this wire/fuse. (Gray)
3. 15 Amp Propane detector, Water heater, Furnace, Outside Orange Porch Light, Outside White Front light, stereo, night light (Blue)
4. 10 Amp Inside lights, Fantastic Fan (Fan has a separate fuse at the fan). Powers everything above the fold line through a contact at left front corner of most A-frames. (Yellow)
5. 20 Amp Fridge (Green)
6. 30 Amp Main battery. (Red)
7. 40 Amp is marked as reverse battery polarity protection. No external wire from converter.

This sticky thread has a lot more information on fuses and wiring: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ion-45783.html

Not all A-frames seem to be wired the same. I was very lucky, the wiring matched the labels inside the converter.

Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:46 PM   #8

Thanks Guys

Appreciate all the help. Got it figured out.
Blue and the green/white came from the same place. They were not crimped properly....to many wires in there.
Those 2 wires seem to be the reason the detector went off all the time as well, poor voltage/bad connection.
All appears to be working properly now.
To hot to get the furnace to come on but will check it again on a cooler day.

Sure appreciate your help, great website.

All have a Great weekend and happy camping.

Sincerely, Lonnie
Old 08-12-2016, 08:33 PM   #9
Site Team

Thank you for letting us know what you found. Hopefully that solves the problems.

You didn't happen to take pictures did you?
I would be nice if you posted them, if you did.

Tags
rockwood