Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2016, 06:14 PM   #1

2017 Palomino a frame

Has anyone seen the 2017 palomino aframe by Forest River? Viewed one today and I assume the Rockwood and Flagstaff versions will be the same. Bottom of the floor has some type of membrane on it and baggage compartment has both a push button latch and lock on it. A wall hinges on inside are now covered with velcroed on vinyl. Also noticed where floor meets side walls under trailer, it is all caulked on the one I looked at. As stated by another poster, the cabinets, flooring and fabrics have changed.
Old 07-17-2016, 06:29 PM   #2

pics 2017 palomono

Here's some pics of 2017 palomino by Forest River.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03298.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	114417   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03312.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	114418   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03313.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	114419   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03296.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	114420  
Old 07-17-2016, 07:28 PM   #3

We have a Flagstaff 2016 T19QBHW Setup time for any of the A Frame's is wonderful! We have already been on 9 trips since January. The other good thing is we store ours in the garage. Good luck with your purchase!
Mountain Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 08:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzak View Post
Has anyone seen the 2017 palomino aframe by Forest River? Viewed one today and I assume the Rockwood and Flagstaff versions will be the same. Bottom of the floor has some type of membrane on it and baggage compartment has both a push button latch and lock on it. A wall hinges on inside are now covered with velcroed on vinyl. Also noticed where floor meets side walls under trailer, it is all caulked on the one I looked at. As stated by another poster, the cabinets, flooring and fabrics have changed.
Hello mzak,

Check out the following Forest River link, you can see the complete spec sheet and pics of the Rockwood and Flagstaff hard sides.
Rockwood Hard Side Pop-Up Campers Folding Camping Trailers by Forest River RV

You can also check out numerous YouTube videos regarding complete walk throughs on most aframe campers.
Brimare57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 10:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimare57 View Post
Hello mzak,

Check out the following Forest River link, you can see the complete spec sheet and pics of the Rockwood and Flagstaff hard sides.
Rockwood Hard Side Pop-Up Campers Folding Camping Trailers by Forest River RV

You can also check out numerous YouTube videos regarding complete walk throughs on most aframe campers.
Thanks, but no Palomino listed on FR site but they are on Palomino's web site.
I primarily was asking how many have actually physically looked at the Palomino a frame. FR's web site is still showing 2016 models before the changes that have been made recently by FR according to another poster. I was wondering if the 2017 Palomino is indicative of the recent upgrades to Flagstaff and Rockwood a frames. According to the other poster Flagstaff and Rockwood interiors will be the same on the newest 2017's so I was wondering because Palomino is also made by FR, is this Palomino interior the one that is going into the latest Rockwood and Flagstaff a frame models.

I was unaware that there was a Palomino a frame or that FR made it until I saw one today.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:46 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzak View Post
Thanks, but no Palomino listed on FR site but they are on Palomino's web site.
I primarily was asking how many have actually physically looked at the Palomino a frame. FR's web site is still showing 2016 models before the changes that have been made recently by FR according to another poster. I was wondering if the 2017 Palomino is indicative of the recent upgrades to Flagstaff and Rockwood a frames. According to the other poster Flagstaff and Rockwood interiors will be the same on the newest 2017's so I was wondering because Palomino is also made by FR, is this Palomino interior the one that is going into the latest Rockwood and Flagstaff a frame models.

I was unaware that there was a Palomino a frame or that FR made it until I saw one today.
FR doesn't make Palomino.

Palomino was acquired by FR, from Vanguard Industries, a number of years ago.
It, along with FR's newer acquisitions (Coachmen, PrimeTime, Dynamax and Shasta)are still operating as independent divisions.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
FR doesn't make Palomino.

Palomino was acquired by FR, from Vanguard Industries, a number of years ago.
It, along with FR's newer acquisitions (Coachmen, PrimeTime, Dynamax and Shasta)are still operating as independent divisions.
When did Palomino begin a frame production? I thought they were independent also but when I saw the same Forest River sticker by the door as on my Rockwood my assumption was that it was being made by Forest River. Having worked in the auto industry I know the lines become blurred when one company acquires another in the same industry. Even though still operating as independent divisions, the content, engineering, design etc. can come from parent company.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:49 PM   #8

With regard to the interior decor of the FR A-Frame brands (Flagstaff, Rockwood, Coachmen, Palomino) they share same floor plans but have different model name/#'s. The interior flooring and fabric changes every year and is different in each brand. For rxample, my 2012 TH fabric and floor in the Flagstaff will be different in the equivalent Rockwood sister trailer of that year.

Those things are easily changeable by owner so floor or fabric really shouldn't make or break a decision to purchase if it has all other items the buyer seeks. As someone mentioned, there are other sources an A-Framer can now go to for specific discussion of the trailer type and/brands. However most A-Framers are happy to meet other A-Framers and it's rare you'd hear one put another brand down .... that's something reserved for the salesman. Haha

As for negative discussion of FR A-Frames, it's relatively a small percentage of problems one might read about. There's a higher number of people who come into forums seeking help, guidance and advice. Like myself, I no longer post as much as I did when I was learning about the trailer. I don't share all my fun trips, mods or offer many pointers anymore....having too much fun being on the road or at campgrounds enjoying the little trailer. Keep it in perspective and remember there is a vast discrepancy of the happy owners who don't hang out in the Forum, over those who are having problems or seeking advice .

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:22 AM   #9

I'm sure the Palomino AFrames are mechanically identical to Forest River RV products. All are made under Forest River Inc. and there is no reason to re-engineer a separate line of campers that look just the same. It's a pretty good bet they all come off the same production line with little more than the decorations being different.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frame, palomino