Old 10-11-2017, 09:25 AM   #1

2018 Rockwood A212HW personal views

Does anyone have and feedback on the 212HW? I'm reading reviews but most are from dealers, nothing from individuals that have actually owned or used them.
I needed a switch so I'm going from a 2006 pop-up tent to A-Frame.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:33 AM   #2

Arn't you going to reduce your space doing that?

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Arn't you going to reduce your space doing that?
Space? The one I had started to fall apart & was in the shop constantly (heater broke down, leaked, water heater wasn't working, etc). All I need is a bed & sink since it's only my wife & I.

I don't believe the question was the point of this topic. There is more space with the dining room table area
Old 10-11-2017, 11:10 PM   #4

I would guess, after previously messing with setting up a canvas popup, after you set up your A frame the first time you will say, "WHY did I not get one of these before?!"

We love ours. I don't know what else to tell you.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:42 AM   #5

AZ Camper, If you don't get many hits here do a search on the A212HW. There are probably many references. Also FACEBOOK. has a user group that is pretty active
MontyPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:08 AM   #6
OYO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyPP View Post
AZ Camper, If you don't get many hits here do a search on the A212HW. There are probably many references. Also FACEBOOK. has a user group that is pretty active
Or an A213HW.

When we started shopping i kinda lumped all the HWs into one bucket, they are pretty much the same with different layouts/features.

We love out A213. Fast set-up/teardown, tows easy, huge bed, refer (with freezer), head. Liike you, we just want a dry place to sleep, eat and pee.

We've had our share of the common issues, but nothing we couldn't fix ourselves.

Good luck.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Camper View Post
Space? The one I had started to fall apart & was in the shop constantly (heater broke down, leaked, water heater wasn't working, etc). All I need is a bed & sink since it's only my wife & I.

I don't believe the question was the point of this topic. There is more space with the dining room table area
Ya my bad for being curious hope the topic police don't get after me! LOL
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:07 AM   #8

I think a lot depends on your camping style. We had a pop up before we purchased our Flagstaff t21qbhw a frame. We took the pop up on a 10,000 mile cross country trip. We had a lot of overnite or one day stays. Setting up and taking down the pop up was a lot of work. It seemed the canvas was always being put up wet either from rain or the dew. It was just my wife and I, we decided that we liked the mobility and small footprint of the camper but not the work involved. On our return we traded it for the a frame and have been completely happy. We camp a lot on the outerbanks of NC an area with a lot of stormy weather. The hard side makes it a little more secure feeling than with canvas sides. There is plenty of room for the 2 of us , but really no room for additional campers.
Easy to store, easy to pull, easiest set up of any tow behind pop up style trailer. For just 2 people I think it is the ideal camper.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch Wilson View Post
I think a lot depends on your camping style. We had a pop up before we purchased our Flagstaff t21qbhw a frame. We took the pop up on a 10,000 mile cross country trip. We had a lot of overnite or one day stays. Setting up and taking down the pop up was a lot of work. It seemed the canvas was always being put up wet either from rain or the dew. It was just my wife and I, we decided that we liked the mobility and small footprint of the camper but not the work involved. On our return we traded it for the a frame and have been completely happy. We camp a lot on the outerbanks of NC an area with a lot of stormy weather. The hard side makes it a little more secure feeling than with canvas sides. There is plenty of room for the 2 of us , but really no room for additional campers.
Easy to store, easy to pull, easiest set up of any tow behind pop up style trailer. For just 2 people I think it is the ideal camper.
Thanks for the information. The specs on this one says sleeps 4 but so did the Santa Fe I'm trading in. Santa Fe did seem to have more room (cabinet space for counter storage) but the Rockwood seems to have more storage, less cabinets and the dining area is more comfortable. I'm 6'3" and space is there for me. I can probably say, most of the time I spend inside the camper is sleep, changing, and occasional cooking. I can deal with smaller floorplan on walking space. Oh yeah, and plus, it has auto lift:
Wife likes that idea.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:11 AM   #10

I have the FR T21QBHW and love it.
For one or two people itís the ideal platform. Iíve slept four but itís a pain. A pop up will give you two big end beds and a little space in the box. An Aframe will give you a more secure and better equipped base camp. Iíve slept in parking lots and at 10,000í without concerns. Itís dry, warm, compact and tows like a dream.

Tags
rockwood