Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #1

2nd time out, in Buena Vista

Had a little time to kill, so we went to Buena Vista to do some prospecting. Found a little bit of color, but not enough to get rich! Had a good time with friends, ate some chili dogs with cole slaw on top, bbq chicken, eggs, bacon and toast, along with some adult beverages. My friend was also impressed with how the camper worked with folding up, and fitting so many options into it also.

We finally got to use the water heater. That set the co2 alarm off. I'm guessing that since we have never used it before, that it was just burning whatever it is off the heater. The battery did well also. We had the lights going, radio for most of the two days, and the vent. It was still in the 12 volt range when I checked it with my meter.

The cassette toilet would probably be okay for my wife and I. But with having friends using it also, we had to find a poking stick to help with the situation.

I'm glad that we have the offroad package, because the entrance into the claim is kind of steep. As I looked at my sideview mirror, I only had a couple of inches before the rear bumper on the trailer would of hit. So I probably would of been bending the bumper if the camper sat lower.

So our 2nd trip went well, but it would of been nice to find alot more gold!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7614.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	18487   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7664.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	18488   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7621.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	18489   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7660.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	18490   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0781.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	18491  

BelgianSquiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:41 AM   #2

Pretty nice lookin area there! Don't think I would have tried to pull the GW through that tunnel though!
BTW, you look like you should be a mountain man prospector, lol. That's a rockin beard you got there. Wish the GF would let me grow mine past a half inch.
Hope you find a sizable nugget next time!
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:53 AM   #3

Looks like a good time! Love the flag! Your truck looks great pulling the trailer but then I am a little biased. Haha Mine has the chrome front too! Pretty country! Great seeing the trailer in action!

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianSquiggy
Had a little time to kill, so we went to Buena Vista to do some prospecting. Found a little bit of color, but not enough to get rich! Had a good time with friends, ate some chili dogs with cole slaw on top, bbq chicken, eggs, bacon and toast, along with some adult beverages. My friend was also impressed with how the camper worked with folding up, and fitting so many options into it also.

We finally got to use the water heater. That set the co2 alarm off. I'm guessing that since we have never used it before, that it was just burning whatever it is off the heater. The battery did well also. We had the lights going, radio for most of the two days, and the vent. It was still in the 12 volt range when I checked it with my meter.

The cassette toilet would probably be okay for my wife and I. But with having friends using it also, we had to find a poking stick to help with the situation.

I'm glad that we have the offroad package, because the entrance into the claim is kind of steep. As I looked at my sideview mirror, I only had a couple of inches before the rear bumper on the trailer would of hit. So I probably would of been bending the bumper if the camper sat lower.

So our 2nd trip went well, but it would of been nice to find alot more gold!
Awesome scenery...nice setup