Old 08-31-2012, 02:12 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier
I like the brown hanging shelf thing. Where did you get it at? I have no problem finding the larger size ones with 5-7 shelves but your's is about the right size I'm looking for.
I got it from a dollar store but it was $2...lol they started doing that in the dollar stores here in Canada. I got 8 of those collapsible shelves. In my trailer behind the U-dinette there is a gap which these shelves fits perfectly and acts as divider for clothes and stuff. Also I hang 1 in the cloth hanger bar on top of the sink which is perfect for tooth brush and stuff. The green net was from the dollar store too.

Good luck finding them...

Old 08-31-2012, 07:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbuilder View Post
Deb - great idea for shortening the height of the trash bag holder! I dont think I woild have figured that out! I was still seeking a small inside trash can..the one I had in my travel trailer takrs up too much space. I also like the soap holder idea - my husband will find that extremely useful!

Ko777 - You are definitely a hanger man! I like that green thing - but Id prob hang off my canopy outside. I dont like ducking and with my clumsiness, Id prob pull things down! haha I hang my towel outside on the canopy or over my gear deck rail to dry...depending on the weather.

Its great to see what others do to keep organized with such a limited living area. The pics are helpful!
This site is so helpful in sharing ideas!

We use a collapsible clothes hamper (Walmart) for our indoor trash can. It folds up flat when not being used, and pops open when you're ready to use it - word of advice: DON'T open it near your face...just sayin'. Use the medium sized trash bags. I'll take pictures this weekend to post up.

Hangars are our friends too! We use them around the exterior canopy for just getting things off the ground. I like the idea of the suction-cup hooks too! Gonna get me some of them!!!

2012 Ford Raptor
Camping born-on date: 21 July 2012
Nights camped: 2014-3 (so far!!); 2013-16; 2012-2 nights
FarFromStock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #13

Love #2. Gotta find one of those. Been using a big twist tie thingy and hanging my trash bag from the rear ladder.

Need something to store dirty clothes that doesn't take up floor space.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:09 PM   #14

I use suction cup hooks all the time. I hang the thermometer on the otuside of the TT, and some other "kitschy" stuff that only women would understand.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #15
Rockwood Premier A126

You're right, photos help visualize our ideas.
This is the hook for trash bags outside:

And here is our version of using helpful hangers. Also shown is a rack that I found that fits over the sink instead of over the stove. The dish drainer works under it as well:

Here is a photo of the suction cup thingie on the microwave. Gee, ya'd think I would have cleaned the micro front for the pic...but alas:

This us another suction cup thingie on the mirror that we put our tooth brushes and tooth paste in.

We take down all the suction cup accessories when on the road.

Deb

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:35 PM   #16
Rockwood Premier A126

Here are a few more things we do for storage.
After each trip I wash up the sheets. While the camper is not in use
I like to store the sheets, blankets and pillows in "space bags" to keep the dust off of them.

We move this rack to the back of the van for access to trash bags, extra bath towels, DVD movies,
a VCR and tapes (if we get desperate for entertainment), extra suction cup hooks
and other miscellaneous items along those lines.

For the clothing situation, we each keep a large duffel in the tow vehicle with enough clean clothes for the trip.
We each have a smaller "over night" bag in the camper with clothes for one or two days.
Dirty clothes are collected every evening after showers, put a Walmart bag and stowed in the tow vehicle.
Fresh clothes are replaced in the "over night" bags as needed.

Deb

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #17

Hubby and I went camping for a couple days & he took care of my minor disappointment that the trash bag holder seemed a little flimsy if it wasnt leaned against something....he put a large rock on the base and no problems with it blowing over...also put it closer, just outside the door so that took care of not having a trash can inside the trailer. It was ideal & easy enough for me to pop the door and toss the trash down into the bag. I do think its my favorite add on purchase since buying this trailer. :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-31 18.33.40.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	19093  

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #18

Here are pics of my popup trash can.

The first is it up and with bag. Second shows the height. Third is it folded up for storage. Remember, do NOT open it near your face!!!!

Name:	image-752549997.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	19100
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-4215059826.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	19101   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1207975661.jpg