Old 08-06-2016, 10:17 AM   #11
Originally Posted by 2TR View Post
Will keep a trickle charger on the battery as I have already ran it down as the radio kept playing.
That will certainly do the trick. I put a battery disconnect switch on mine. It's very helpful when dry camping to be assured that every 12V draw off when amp hours are at a premium.

Originally Posted by 2TR View Post
Why did I not know this stuff. It is just like in school what was not the test was not what I thought was important.

Because the sales people don't know it either. Or if they do its like TV salespeople, they feel like the details of the tow package just get in the way of showing you the living room features like the cup holders and entertainment center.

I've had more than one salesman (RV and auto) who told me things that were flat wrong or insisted on correcting me when the right answer was apparent on sight to someone who knew the vehicle. The sales guys get better commissions from selling bigger rigs, so the blame for the lack of interest in popups is as much on the dealer.

The PDI guy probably does know it but is on a time clock so sticks to the basics not the details.

Thankfully we have each other, here.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote