Old 09-23-2014, 07:11 PM   #1

A Camping We Will Go...A Camping We Will Go

Nights in the 60's and days in the mid 80's....what does that sound like it would be good for?

Well, maybe a lot of things but for us it's CAMPING. Tomorrow my wife and I head out to Brazos Bend State Park for a one nighter. We will get there early tomorrow and leave by noon the next day.

This will only be the 2nd time my wife has been in the camper since we got it and only the 4th time for me...and only the 3rd time for me since my heart attack.

We're taking the bikes and just going to relax and enjoy the campfire at night and the cool breeze during the day.

This is why I retired. Yipee

David

Total Nights Camping 2015-(9)
Total Nights Camping 2016-(5)
Total Nights Camping 2017-(4)
mlsa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:25 PM   #2

Have fun.... Best time of the year to camp

Old 09-23-2014, 07:50 PM   #3
Site Team

Perfect camping weather. Take it easy with that biking!
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:11 PM   #4

Have fun on the camp out. Take it easy and relax. You and your wife have many years of RVing to look forward too. Take photos and post in the 2014 camp site thread!

----------------------------
Nights camping:
(31) 2014, (18) 2013, (62) 2012, (57) 2011
Vinster30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:50 PM   #5

Well, we made it back from our camping trip. Things went well until we woke up to rain this morning. Thought weather man said no rain...oh well, it rained pretty hard for about 10 minutes just to get everything wet and then quit. But it did look like it hadn't finished yet.

So I fixed breakfast and we packed up and came back...now it's sprinkling here at home. Left camper set up in driveway...will need to clean inside and rearrange everything again and then give outside a good wash.

Trip was great...a total of about 8 or 9 other campers including the camp hosts. Couldn't see another camper anywhere from our site. Lots of deer playing around..sat outside last night and this morning and watched mother and doe play across the road from our site.

No problems with the camper. No leaks. Very quiet. Nice and relaxing. Sat outside and read books on my tablet...rode bike several times.

All...in...all....just a nice relaxing trip...just the way I like it.

Oh, yea....talked to the only tent camper there...a man from Austin...told me he could see where a lot of hogs were rooting around near his tent. Wanted to know if I thought they would try to hurt him. I said naw...then he wanted to know if there was a lot of wildlife. I said oh yea and showed him the deer pics I had just taken. I said just be careful the raccoons don't get your food and don't mess with the gators. His eyes got big and he said "GATORS." I said, Yep...this park is known for all the gators it has but they won't bother you this far out. Then he asked me if there were bears. By then I was almost laughing but I said I had never seen one and he was safe. I saw him out of his tent this morning so I assume nothing got him. LOL

David
Total Nights Camping 2015-(9)
Total Nights Camping 2016-(5)
Total Nights Camping 2017-(4)
mlsa3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping