Old 09-11-2015, 01:46 PM   #1

A Few little conveniences done

1-I am using a piece of 18 inch? 2x4 to prop open the bed storage to relieve my back and free my hands to hunt for stuff.
2-I am using a short bungee cord with the wire type ends/bendable to keep the table storage flap open, runs from flap hole to edge of inside roof.
3-I am using AcuRite digital refrig/freezer thermometer with wireless remote to monitor the frig temp.I keep the alarm function off for now. I put one on top shelf, one on bottom and set the monitor on top of range. I had a case of food poisoning and never want to experience that again!!
4-And, I am running a Valterra FridgeCool Fan ( 2 D batteries last a month ) to keep the air moving in frig.May help to avoid frozen bottom stuff.
The last two I found on Amazon. Frig monitor shows current temps and history of last high, last low temps.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:33 PM   #2

im kinda wondering why your so concerned with the fridge ... mine works great ...even better than the one i have running at home ...it seems to run itself ...set at the right number ... no issues
yea ... i know im in canada .. but hey we travel ... and have never had any isssues with the fridge cooling .. even at SC ... where it was way above normal in July 2012

d-mo

Old 09-11-2015, 07:41 PM   #3

I am monitoring the temp in mine in the driveway as I don't want another case of the food poisoning next month. I have it on electric and so far I see that when the
AC was off overnight and checked the frig this afternoon, temp had risen from 41 to 54 degrees. I turned on the AC and turned up power to chill frig further, but I can see already that it takes hours to recoup the loss of cold once it warms up. So I will continue to use wireless remote to monitor on my upcoming trip. Last year I found my eggs were freezing and learned to use upper shelf for them, put meats on bottom. If you ever get sick at a campground as I did with no anti-diarrheal, no tea and crackers, and two dogs to care for, you will understand. I had the frig on propane continuously, but had an overnight repair job on the way to the CG and assumed the propane was keeping up with the frig, boy was I wrong.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:35 PM   #4

We added baggage catch to hold the dining bench lid up. It's been a very helpful add on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140406_142131.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	88409  

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 07:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbuilder View Post
We added baggage catch to hold the dining bench lid up. It's been a very helpful add on.
I like that: I was kinda scared to screw into the sidewall, not sure what is underneath. Do you recall how long your screws were? And where did you find the catch?