Old 11-03-2015, 12:52 AM   #1
A-Frame Boondock Camping 11 Nights - Arizona Deer Hunt

My son Ben and I just wrapped up a successful Arizona deer hunt. Camped out eleven days in the Rockwood A-128 on National Forest land. Just found a random clearing in the woods and parked it. Ben was able to camp just for the first three nights before work commitments demanded his return to civilization.

Prior to this I have had the A-128 out on several summer weekend/long weekend campouts, but this was my single longest campout with the trailer yet. I got a good chance to exercise the frig on propane for the first time. On prior trips I just kept the cold foodstuffs in ice coolers. But ice doesn't last for eleven days!

This was the best test to date for the solar power system. It passed with flying colors. Kept all of our devices charged, ran LED lighting both inside and outside of the trailer, ran laptops for as long as needed. Cool.

On day 7, a storm blew in and it rained all day. I decided to take a break from hunting that day, and just stayed "home", snug as a bug in the trailer. I slept in, did some reading, and worked on the laptop on my sportsman's club's newsletter.

I made a little video giving a tour of our camp:

2012 Rockwood A128 (no S)
2016 Ram Outdoorsman 5.7L Hemi 4x4
DanM-AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:24 PM   #2
Very interesting and informative video

couzi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:37 PM   #3
I'm really inspired by your ability to harness the sun! Really makes me rethink getting solar panels!
mikeandclay is offline   Reply With Quote

a-frame, camping, frame