Old 10-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #11

no dumpin for me ...

one of the shorter reasons i purchased this trailer was to avoid these lineups. Even now i am forced to stay in line with some rigs just to fill water while they dump .. which i find to be a real issue .. especially when im rare'in to get campin....
now i avoid those water lineups .. with a "water thief" ...that hooks up on any outlet ... to fill my freshwater at anyplace in the campsite.
not a big fan of lining up for anything .... i quess im gettin old or something.

cheers ...d-mo

Old 10-05-2011, 10:40 AM   #12

We just don't have that much waste water. Just my wife and I. We use mostly paper plates and cups, cook mostly in the grill and microwave, so not many dishes to wash. Mostly use water to wash hands and face, brush teeth, ect. Never filled up the 2 gallon tank yet.

Tell me more about the water thief. Sounds useful. I have a collapsible 5 gallon water carrier that I have filled my camper from at campgrounds without on-site water.

Packs easily and great in a pinch.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #13

The water thief is this little rubber gismo that basically fits over any water faucet/portable water container .. which has an adapter to a standard hose fitting. It allows me to fill up at any water faucet, whatever the configuration, and also fits onto an aqua-tainer ... which i throw into the back of the frontier ... fill from the back of the frontier and load into the fresh water tank of the A122 via centrifical ..or water pressure force. One of the best buys i made this year .. under 4 bucks.

cheers ... d-mo
Old 10-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #14

Great idea , found it at Camping world for less than 4 bucks. Camco has a knock-off called "Water Bandit" too. Same idea (below) but costs over $5.

The original Water Thief was an adapter used by firemen to attach various hoses to a hydrant. An example is shown below:

Tags
a-frame