Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2015, 06:52 PM   #1

A frame questions

I have a t19qbhw 2015. I noticed that the small counter space behind the stove gets quite warm. I'm pretty sure it's from the heat put out by the fridge just below it. I don't u the stove but was storing my meds back there and now decided against it. I also noticed water dripping in the front storage locker. I have the one that extends out past the a frame proper. Is this possibly the condensate line from the fridge.?
Thanks
mudman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:13 PM   #2

I do not know about the heat. I will have to check the next time I use the fridge.
I do not think there is a condensate line from the fridge.
The Hot water tank is up that way, check the water lines. It could also be the zinc in the hot water tank ( check from the outside cover). Most likely it is rain water getting in around the Front lid seal.
1A Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 11:01 PM   #3

The counter does get a litttle warm toward the rear of where the fridge some people have put an extra fan in that compartment to help, it's never concerned me too much.

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:35 AM   #4

There is no condensate line from the fridge. Any water dripping from the plumbing in the street side front area would be related to the water heater. But the WH is not in trunk, so you need to visually identify the path the water takes to get to the drip location to be sure.

Any leaks from the service area of the WH, the anode rod or the pressure valve, "should" drip out of the service hatch, not inside. You can get access to inspect the inside WH compartment by pulling the screws and removing the plywood seat of the street side dinette bench.

I recall noticing some warmth on the countertop too. But not as much as you have described. You might look at putting some more insulation around the top of fridge and/or improving the ventilation in the fridge compartment with a computer case fan. The fan will also help the efficiency of the fridge because popup campers have poor fridge ventilation. It is easy to tap into the fridge 12V DC circuit to power the fan.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
There is no condensate line from the fridge. Any water dripping from the plumbing in the street side front area would be related to the water heater. But the WH is not in trunk, so you need to visually identify the path the water takes to get to the drip location to be sure.

Any leaks from the service area of the WH, the anode rod or the pressure valve, "should" drip out of the service hatch, not inside. You can get access to inspect the inside WH compartment by pulling the screws and removing the plywood seat of the street side dinette bench.

I recall noticing some warmth on the countertop too. But not as much as you have described. You might look at putting some more insulation around the top of fridge and/or improving the ventilation in the fridge compartment with a computer case fan. The fan will also help the efficiency of the fridge because popup campers have poor fridge ventilation. It is easy to tap into the fridge 12V DC circuit to power the fan.
Ill have to check the leak next time I go out. I didn't have the water system hooked up that's why I thought condensate line. But even that had to be a stretch because the leak appeared to be higher than the fridge. I am going to remove the plywood panel for a better look.
Fridge works great. No complaints whatsoever
Old 07-13-2015, 10:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudman2 View Post
Ill have to check the leak next time I go out. I didn't have the water system hooked up that's why I thought condensate line. But even that had to be a stretch because the leak appeared to be higher than the fridge. I am going to remove the plywood panel for a better look.
Fridge works great. No complaints whatsoever
Could you explain more on this " leak appeared to be higher than the fridge."
Like it is a side window or roof bubble window?
Old 07-13-2015, 11:23 AM   #7

I was setup and it hadn't rained. I opened up the front white locker cover and saw a water trail appearing to becoming from under the linoleum cover that represents the high part of the storage area. I know this locker isn't completely waterproof which is no big deal for me. It just appeared strange to see water dripping from the linoleum.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:15 PM   #8

I think your storage is different then mine. I just have a deep front locker. I went and looked at your and it looks like there is a pull out locker on the bottom and a shelf above it.
It does not seem as if any of the water system could be causing this ( or other system). the shelf is above all of them.
Maybe rain, washing, or the top lid is condensing or you stored a water jug up there that leaked. The hinge can be adjusted to give a tighter fit.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1A Camper View Post
I think your storage is different then mine. I just have a deep front locker. I went and looked at your and it looks like there is a pull out locker on the bottom and a shelf above it.
It does not seem as if any of the water system could be causing this ( or other system). the shelf is above all of them.
Maybe rain, washing, or the top lid is condensing or you stored a water jug up there that leaked. The hinge can be adjusted to give a tighter fit.
Yes that's what I'm thinking it might be a snafu. I'll keep my eyes open.

Tags
frame, a-frame