I set up my OEM awning this weekend.
Likes: Well made... decent color... great concept... well packed... Nice Bag (easy to repack).
Dislikes: (As set up on my A128S.. )
This, as much as anything, serves as notes to myself. I am assuming (and hoping) that I set it up correctly.
Note: I've owned and set up many different kinds of tents over my lifetime of camping. IMO, this was not easy to set up. However, I AM sure that it will be easier the next time.
My wife and I carefully cleaned the camper surfaces with alcohol before applying the Velcro per loganmartin's advice. (After assembling and setting up the awning, I wondered if we could have applied the alcohol to a better use?)
Main problem. The receiver sockets on both sides at the abase of the "A" frame that receives the support poles were hard to position. The awning was either too short or too long from the peak to each of the sides. This took quite a bit of adjustment and I am still not quite certain how I should be positioning them.
Poles! --Lots of them and long. Get the push out section of the pole in the correct position between 2 sleeves. Make sure all ball locks at the pole are lined up and clicked in place or the "curved" pole's section will shift and cause you grief
If you keep the sides down, it was hotter than the outside as the mesh screens restricted the air flow. If you let insects under the enclosed awning, then it will act like a "funnel"
to bring them inside the camper when you open the door (horse flies, wasps, etc.).
We can't use the really nice grill under it.
After our experience DW (who really wanted it) said it really wasn't worth putting it up. Most likely, we will reserve the use of this one to longer than 2 night trips.
I was actually smart enough to get it down before the thunderstorm hit or we would have had to dry it out when we got it home.
Otherwise, it was kind of neat...