Old 06-06-2014, 10:21 PM   #11

While putting a122 up last weekend we saw that our roof gasket is slipping out of place. Explains the drips we had last time we were camping in the rain. I'm bummed. Hopefully we won't have a long wait to have it repaired by dealer.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazygirl58 View Post
While putting a122 up last weekend we saw that our roof gasket is slipping out of place. Explains the drips we had last time we were camping in the rain. I'm bummed. Hopefully we won't have a long wait to have it repaired by dealer.
That happend to mine as well. FR has replaced the original gasket with a new one that does not hang up when the roof halves join. It took a while for the repair on mine. The dealer reported the FR was still testing the replacement. Once the new gasket was delivered, the repair took a few minutes.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:32 AM   #13

That's encouraging to hear. Will be contacting the dealer this week. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:12 AM   #14

Water filter leaked on our new 2024 a122bh
Old 06-10-2014, 08:32 PM   #15

My Rockwood A194HW has been rained on many time without a drop inside until the other night. We experienced hours of wind and horizonal rain. We discover a small amount of water came in on the rain hit side, probably between the roof/side wall seals. (We wasn't home when it happened) I'm thinking that's to be expected given the 3 inches in a few hours of rain we received. It's been raining all day today not a drop inside.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:06 AM   #16

We has a little water under the bubble window twice after a hard rain thinking of 3m window tape, also had a bag of rags under water filter wet but couldn't find a leak
Old 06-17-2014, 05:43 AM   #17

I pulled the water filter and used a six inch piece of pipe no more leaks. I now use an external water filter. Read about that fix some place on this forum
Its Cute but......
Total 87(2014) 58(2015) 77(2016) 95(2017)
dts3204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:46 AM   #18

Will check into doing the same
Old 06-26-2014, 10:20 PM   #19

No leaks for me but keep in mind, the people who don't have leaks don't usually take the time to post about it. So it's. Aural for it to seem like there are lots of leak reports...

If you are at all concerned, seal the skylights with the 3M tape mentioned in several threads and it willl be one les thing you'll ever have to worry about, Typical rv caulking is probably one of the most unreliable and maintenance requiring products on the camper. It's a mediocre product not to be trusted. Haha.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 06-27-2014, 09:53 AM   #20

A122S Leaking

We have a 2014 A122S and it leaked in the front storage area after it sat in some rain. Some water also ran along the inside along the floor of the "mechanical room." (Is there a common term for that area where the water heater/furnace/electrical is situated?)

It was not much water, maybe 4 ounces and I mopped it up right away. It did soak into the rich mahogany particle board just a little. But functionally, all is good. The boss doesn't like it because now her camper is not perfect any more.

Because the camper was brand-spanking new and there was water on the floor, I worked back through the trail of water to try and figure out the source. Well, I suspect the water was able to enter at the bottom of the seal at the water heater. This seemed really unlikely so I took a hose and ran the water along the bottom. Sure enough, a very small amount of water showed up inside under the water heater. My suspicion was that not enough caulk was used, so I tried to angle the caulk gun to fill that joint and while it worked, I ended up with sticky fingers from trying to get the caulk into the joint. (I may try to invent a disposable U-shaped caulk nozzle for these situations.)

So while pondering this, I rest my hand on the storage door (driver's side front). Well, it sure looked like a good fit but I noticed a small gap. Hmmm? Walk to the other side and inspect. Well, that's something, there is a beautiful bead of caulk on the passenger side front hatch. In fact, all the hatches have beautiful beads of caulk, but not the driver's side storage hatch! You really would not notice it until you got a lot of rain hitting that side of the camper (the storm did come from that direction that day.)

So putting two and two together I think this is what happened: On the assembly line that day the caulk ran out. I am sure someone went to get more caulk but got distracted or something and never caulked that hatch. My guess is they were running low and skimped a little on the furnace seal.

Our dealer would have never noticed. They offered to caulk it for us, but they are an hour away. I got a tube of ProRV(?) caulk and sealed the hatch myself. (More sticky fingers and the bead is nothing like the pros!)

We have been in some pretty good storms since and no problems so far.

That's the only leaking we have seen and I am sure Rockwood would have taken care of it. It was obvious someone missed that hatch but all is good now. We love the camper.

I have some small plumbing leaks, but that's for another post.

Cheers!

2014 Tacoma Double Cab
Our YouTube Channel
MinneweeseMI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frame, leak, water, water leak, a-frame