Old 09-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #11
We have a few Aframers in Ontario ... but i have never seen anyone with a FR product on any campsite that we have camped on so far this, or last year, and we have pretty well cover the Eastern Seaboard of the USofA, and the entire northern section of the St. Lawrence River, from Toronto all the way out the the Gaspee tip in Quebec.
We did have a funny experience tho with a lady who walked up to our camper and asked if i could back her Aliner into the campsite for her, as she was afraid that anyone else would either crack it up .. or not put it the correct place ... which i did so ... of course ..
We do have lots of looks and stares .. but the most time we get vistitors is when the solar panels are out .. and that seems to drive in the hords of people who are both interested in the setup .. and our trailer..

cheers .. d-mo

2008 Nissan Frontier 4x4
2011 Rockwood A122
D-mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #12
Wow. Lots of feedback on that. I'm not sure how to do multiple quotes here so bear with me...

We looked at AFrames on the lot so we won't be coming over to get tours.

Well at least stop by for a beer -or a hot buttered rum this time of year.

It's really weird. When I'm at the state parks solo camping, nobody wants a look.

I'm always solo (sigh...). Mind you, lots of nice people drop by but the Swedish bikini team hasn't been among them.

No snow yet, but it hit 30 degrees F last night. My trip planned for the end of October should be a good cold weather test.
I read the other day that the Dempster got 4 inches of snow -might help out with the potholes...

Don, forgive my ignorance but where is the "medicine" line and what's it's purpose?

That's the Canada/US border specifically (I think) at the 49th parallel. I believe the expression originated with the plains Indian tribes.

Oddly enough, the first A-frame I ever saw was at an RV dealer in St .Davids (St. Catharines/Niagara area) twenty-odd years ago. Even back then I remember thinking what a great idea that was.

Thanks for all the replies everyone.
Now we have to develop a secret handshake for when we meet...

2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2012 Flagstaff T10RD
Yukon Don is offline   Reply With Quote