Old 08-31-2013, 08:27 PM   #1

A122 for a family of 4?

Does anyone else camp with 4 people in a A122? Would appreciate any advice before we purchase. It would be my wife and I with our two girls ages 6 and 4. We like the ease of set up and hard sides compared to a pop up. I know its going to be a tight fit but no worse than our tent now. We just need to sleep in it and have a place the girls can use our porta potty and nemo helio shower that we use now in our tent.

Thanks for the help.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach2win View Post
Does anyone else camp with 4 people in a A122? Would appreciate any advice before we purchase. It would be my wife and I with our two girls ages 6 and 4. We like the ease of set up and hard sides compared to a pop up. I know its going to be a tight fit but no worse than our tent now. We just need to sleep in it and have a place the girls can use our porta potty and nemo helio shower that we use now in our tent.

Thanks for the help.
I think you would be fine while they are small. We have 2 adults and an 11 year old son in our A122. I would recommend the tent that attaches to the camper. Porta potty could be set up outside and extra table and chairs outside. I also purchased a rug for the tent which would be a big help with little ones. The camper comes with a shower. We don't use it as we always camp with water and electricity.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2556524748.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	38994

K1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
Happy AFrame Campers

Expanding A Frame Living Space

Hi folks. We've slept four big people in our A122, but it's a bit of a tight fit. Cooperation was a must, but we made it work! Two smaller kids plus mom and dad is certainly do-able. As discussed above, we've also been debating the screenroom addition. Many folks in the forum love it, with the obvious advantage of directly-expanding the trailer's space. For our needs, we'll likely get something like this soon: Amazon.com: Coleman 6-Person Instant Tent: Sports & Outdoors. We're going to downsize from a wonderful cabin tent that is much more of a project to assemble. In the instant tent, you can store the overflow stuff that your A Frame won't accommodate. Because of government campgrounds with narrow driveways, the tent's lower cost, setup versatility, etc., it may be a better fit for some. Enjoy your wonderful A122 ... We love ours!!
yayus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #4

We downsized from a tent trailer and upgraded to our A122BH when our 18 year old daughter went to college. 15 year old daughter still at home. Then our 21 year old daughter keeps showing up for camping weekends. We put the two of them head to toe on the dinette bed and the younger one grumbles that she has to share 'her' bed, but it works. Had all five of us at the dinette table for dinner one night with one on a stool. We don't live inside the trailer when we are camping so it is only a tight fit while sleeping. It would definitely work with two young children such as yours.
47 Nights
20 Sites
6655 Miles
Carla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a122