Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2011, 07:45 PM   #41

Russ,

Sorry to hear about your problems with Raper.

Unfortunately, Forest River has terrible quality control and problems like ours get out of the Factory unnoticed. Equally unfortunate is there are also a lot of incompetent RV service departments.

That is why if at all possible, I do all repairs myself. (See my post #27)

Keep us informed with your progress in getting this resolved.

Dave

2014 Silverado Double Cab 1500 5.3L V8 w/3.42 Axle Ratio Tow Vehicle

Sold: 2012 Rockwood A122 Hardside Popup
daveinpickerington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:52 PM   #42
Mostly Harmless

Oh man! What a comedy of errors, or it would be if it were even remotely funny. I can imagine what you must have been thinking after getting the second "wrong part" tale: "How can there be more than one kind of lock handle? Aren't they all identical? It's either a lock handle or it's something else entirely. What part did they send for heaven's sake? A manhole cover? A '53 Packard?"

I know I'd have been fuming, and I assume you were/are too. I complement you on keeping your cool while describing it. Sign of a good man.
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:47 PM   #43

All those problems combined with an incompetent dealer are a real bummer. Raper was on my shopping list but Richmond was a bit of a drive (they had an A126 like I wanted, no 126 in Cinci) and I'm between Louisville and Cinci so when Stinnett had what I wanted I went there. They had the best cash over the phone price too.

I can't speak for Stinnetts after the sale service as (knock on wood) my unit has been major problem free so far.

Best of luck getting it all lined out. Come camp at Gen. Butler or Big Bone Lick some time and I'll buy u a beer and maybe we'll get two AFrames up in the park to really get people talking.
Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:38 AM   #44

[QUOTE="

Best of luck getting it all lined out. Come camp at Gen. Butler or Big Bone Lick some time and I'll buy u a beer and maybe we'll get two AFrames up in the park to really get people talking.[/QUOTE]

FInally, Raper RV called and let me know that my A122 was repaired. They told me that they would bring it from Richmond, IN location to their Fairfax,OH store (near Cincinnati) so I wouldn't have to drive the route as I had before when it was still broken.

While hitching up to go home, I noticed the power tongue jack began to strain while retracting the jack leg up into the tube. It could barely move and the motor was hardly able to move it. I asked a mechanic to look at it and he said the battery was probably low. I bought that at first until I thought about it on the way home.

While unhitching the jack strained and about half way down it started working normally... And it now had the trailer tongue weight on it!

I called Lipper Components Inc, the mfg of the jack and they asked me to fully extend the jack and hold a straight edge up to the jack leg tube. It was bent about 3/4" out of alignment.... Damaged while being moved at Raper's. Thank God I had the mechanic observe the problem before I went home. The dealership said they will replace the jack. Another trip to the dealer.

The saga continues....
hardsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #45

Hardsider - sorry to hear the saga continues. At least they say they are going to replace the jack. Also, curious, did you install the power tongue jack or did you have the dealer install it? I have been thinking about getting one as I do not feel comfortable with the factory jack. That leg and wheel combination does not seem sturdy nor stable. I have had several different tt's over the years and one regular pop-up. This is the only one that has scared me. I am afraid that leg is just going to collapse. Just doesn't seem to have the proper strength?
Old 11-04-2011, 10:18 AM   #46

Mine was a factory installed option...quite sturdy. The manufacturer's info says 3500 lbs.

here is a link to the product information

http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/sales/lci_pt2.pdf
hardsider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a122