Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #1

A122 lost keys

Help I've lost the keys....

I had heard that most of the locks and keys are standard and replacement keys are available. Is this true or do I have to replace locks??
Bojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
Flagstaff 22FBS

Have you lost the keys to everything? Just the storage compartments? shower hatch? or walk-in door? Are the spares in your Aframe?

The keys/locks on the storage compartments are probably the same as just about any other camper on the dealer lot (or in the campground). The door key should be a little more "unique" to your rig.

Our storage compartment key is CH751, probably the same as thousands of other campers.

The door keys may have a number on the inside portion of the lock-set to get a new key made. I'm not sure about that though, my Aframe is closed up right now.

Unless it is popped up and the door is locked, you are not really locked out. If it is folded down and you have padlocked your camper top closed, use a bolt cutter to cut the padlock, pop the top and the upper half of the door will open. Then reach in and unlock the lower half door.

Our 2012 A126 came with 2 sets of keys. We keep the "spare" set in the tow vehicle glove compartment.

hth, I'm not sure exactly what you need to know.

Deb

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #3

Don't know it the rv builders are like car makers in the key dept.. However it's worth calling the selling dealer to see if they have a record of the key code for the main door. I'd that does t work call forest rivers service dept..

As already said, the storage compartments are likely standard rv storage lock keys. The door lock (both latch and deadbolt) are unique to each AFrame.
Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #4

Thanks for the help. It is the door key. Fortunately we are not locked out. Hooray! Unfortunately the dealer did give us two sets. But - the spare set was for the wrong trailer and doesn't work. What luck! Guess we will need to give them a call. Thanks again!
Bojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
Mostly Harmless

Another possibility is that a locksmith could re-key the door lock to match the key your dealer gave you in error. But that's likely to be more expensive than just getting a replacement from the dealer. If he gave you a wrong set, there's probably another new owner with one mismatched set too...they'd be happy to get it all straightened out.
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote