Old 06-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
A122BH ceiling light rocker switch bad.

Hey A-Framers,
Has anyone out there found the original OEM ceiling light rocker switch or am I going to have to use a generic one? I'm kind of anal about keeping things original and would hate to have to put a black one in or one that has no 1/0. I suppose I could buy a whole new fixture - NOT. Seems to me from a tech post awhile back that someone else had this same switch problem and from the posts, I don't think anyone ever came up with a place to get the original switch, which is a DF-IS001, 212481, 3A, 14V. I would order several if I could because I know the other one isn't going to last on the other side. They are easy to replace so if anyone out there has found the OEM switch I'd love to here from you. I think Camco makes the light but I'm not sure. I've searched all over the web and have found ones that would work but no exact match. I suppose I could call Forest River and see what they have to say but I think it would be easier to talk to someone else who has had the same problem and found the original switch, if they exist. Thanks in advance and happy camping!

MrMeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
I'd recommend calling the parts dept at Forest River and ordering the part.

Currently trailerless.

2014 Silverado Double Cab 1500 5.3L V8 w/3.42 Axle Ratio Tow Vehicle

Sold: 2012 Rockwood A122 Hardside Popup
daveinpickerington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
I know this is not exactly answering your question. In the "for what its worth category", similar fixtures are available at Camping World. (However, they are not quite the same as our FR units.).

I've wanted to mod my fixtures with a compatible 3 position switch.
I want to set up -- "single light on", "both on", and "all off" functions on my fixtures. Switch "cosmetic matches" have been the sticking point.
David and Jo Ann G. (& Kenzie the Sheltie)
Prattville, Alabama
2012 Rockwood A128S "Rocko" 160+ Nights!
Nights Camped 2012 - 2015 = 165
Nights Camped 2016 = 21 (as of Oct 16, 2016)
DGrissom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
Here's an LED replacement fixture with 3-way switch, Off, One on, Both on
921-2, L26-0085, L26-0086 LED Interior ceiling light for RV -

This one is a conventional bulb with 3-way switch but much cheaper, only $10
Double Optic Pancake Light With Switch
2011 A-122
rawlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
That claims brighter bulbs than the very similar ones I was thinking about putting in my fixture. The individual bulbs at $17 each from Super Bright or $34 per fixture. Even if the bulbs are the same, $43 for a new fixture is not too bad. And even better if the bulbs are as bright as claimed.

OTOH, the bulbs on that site are $13 each. So I just decided to order them. Thanks for the post.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #6
Thanks for the replies to my post. I went to our local RV dealer who carries some Forest River brands and after several calls to Forest River, the best the factory could do was sell me a new fixture, no exact replacement switches were available. Tim and Tyler did not give up and were able to find 2 new switches in the back room that had been taken from other fixtures. They were exactly identical. I am now in posession of the only 2 switches of this kind in the world I believe. I did not buy my 2012 A122BH from them because they don't handle Rockwood products or Flagstaff either but I had a spring checkup and wheel bearings repacked and have bought propane from them. I will definitely use them in the future and would highly recommend them to anyone passing thru or anyone who lives in northern Illinois or southern Wisconsin. The dealer is Collier RV and they are located in Rockford Illinois at the I90 and I39 interchange. Tim and Tyler will go out of their way for you as well as the rest of the crew. They have my future business.

MrMeyer is offline   Reply With Quote