Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #1

A124 Shopping

we are actively shopping for an A124. Has anyone had any experience with Haylett in Coldwater, MI? We wanted to know if the buying experience was good and that they don't play dealer games such as charging dealer prep, hidden charges etc. We would have to travel a good distance and wanted to be sure they are straight shooters with buyers.
Thanks for your advice,
Bob
Rcaldwell0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #2

Can't help you with the dealer, but always ask for and buy on the drive off price. If the dealer won't talk about that, then you should talk about leaving the dealership. And remember the cost of dealer add ons are negotiable too.

My general car and camper buying rule is like this. The goal is to buy at a fair price, not to go to extreme lengths to get the absolute best price. Keeping a constructive friendly attitude as a buyer will go a long way toward feeling good about the deal you finally get or about walking away from a deal you don't like.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #3
Retread Popup Owner

I'm not at all familiar with that dealer. I don't know if this helps at all, as I don't know where you'll be coming from and if this dealer is any better positioned for you. We just bought our A frame from Waters RV in Waters, MI. They gave us a great price on the camper and a solid deal on our trade-in. In all respects, they were very easy to deal with.

Only having the camper for a week we've not had to have it serviced yet, so I can't provide info on their service work. One of the techs gave us the walkthrough, though, and he seemed highly knowledgeable, was very friendly, and he was able to ask any questions we had.

It's a smaller dealer, family run. They don't carry a ton of inventory, so they'd have to get one likely in a dealer trade or order it from Forest River.

Like I said, I don't know if that helps. Good luck to you in your search.

Camping Photos
Camper Mods
Wojo is offline   Reply With Quote