These are the materials I used to cover my rig:
- Table plastic cover, very thin and smooth to protect the bubble windows (1st layer)
- 20x12 Tarp, thick heavy quality material, covered all the side panels and most of the trailer(2nd layer)
- 20x15 Tarp, light material to cover the whole trailer(3rd layer) this will protect the inner tarp too
- X-Strap heavy duty ratchets
- nylon rope to extend the straps
- styrofoam packaging to push tarp on the sides of the trailer
I wish I had the idea thehamguy1 posted to soften the corners sooner. I was in a rush to cover my rig during the nice whether break we had the past 2 days. I could see the corners on the trailer and the tarps are being challenged, I hope the thick tarp with 2 layers won't tear. I tied the strap so tight that the tarp should be held on all corners by it. I'll keep an eye on it.
Rig is nice and clean before covering it
1st Layer covering the bubble windows
2nd Layer covering with a thick heavy quality tarp, all the side panels are covered by this with the help of the styrofoam thing
3rd Layer covering the whole trailer, protects the inner tarp too
All strapped up around the trailer
Close up on how tight the straps are set on all corners
It has been raining and windy the whole day today and I see some air going through the tarp which is a good sign. This coming Monday and Tuesday the weather forecast heavy rain and up to 100km/hr wind, I hope the cover survives this challenge.
Can't wait for the day I take the cover off like 5 months from now, so sad....
Happy Winter Camping!