Old 10-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamguy1
That should be "unit," not "initial." The autocorrect on this iPad is a nice concept but evidently programmed by illiterates...
Lol, do you use the option to edit your post after sending it? I like that feature to make adjustments and correct some word selection I've used. The apple app does not have the symbols to put here, is there a way to turn on that option? I use another app to do this , It shows in our apple devices but most likely not on other browsers/devices.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #142
Mostly Harmless

I tried but it wouldn't let me move the cursor. This forum app for iPad began to go wonky on me after I upgraded to iOS6. Now it won't accept the first line of any post I make; I have to space down a line and start there. Time for a new version of the app. Are you listening, programmers?

BTW, KO, is that a Western Digital hard drive on the counter in your photo? Is it for movies on the road? What do you use it with?

2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamguy1
BTW, KO, is that a Western Digital hard drive on the counter in your photo? Is it for movies on the road? What do you use it with?
Nope, it is a WD media player. It has 2 USB ports to attach external drives and I also use it to recharge my phone/iPod(network support too). It plays HD movies via HDMI to the HD TV, also plays any media files like jpg, mp3 and others. It fits perfectly on the counter with the TV.
On my first trip, I got a new HD TV, set up everything on the counter, ready to watch a HD movie from my 500 GB external drive movie collection, and found out I left the player's remote control at home, I swore a few words. Fortunately I had a backup, my laptop did the job. Lol learned my lesson, now all the accessories for this setup, are now packaged in the TV's box in came with, it is now part of my routine when I setup and break camp to do that. I actually enjoy watching movies during my trips because I could focus on it, no distraction like when your home ie channel surfing.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:08 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko777
From last week: It has been raining and windy the whole day today and I see some air going through the tarp which is a good sign. This coming Monday and Tuesday the weather forecast heavy rain and up to 100km/hr wind, I hope the cover survives this challenge.Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2451405113.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	21244
The storm is over and the cover survived. The forecast they did was pretty close and I was watching the power of the storm last night, there were no damage in my neighborhood and I hope all of you escaped this massive storm SANDY.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:10 PM   #145

ko777, that photo you posted (Oct 29, 9:03PM) is identical to the setup in my 2012 Flagstaff T10RD.

Glad to hear you weathered the storm OK.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Don View Post
ko777, that photo you posted (Oct 29, 9:03PM) is identical to the setup in my 2012 Flagstaff T10RD.
Wow, looks like they exported 2012 A-Frame to Canada with old parts....

Again....not fair

I remember my rig was manufactured late 2011, maybe Nov, I can't check now, it is covered for the winter. Can you check your rig's date. Maybe this is the real reason why we got the old console model.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko777 View Post
Wow, looks like they exported 2012 A-Frame to Canada with old parts....

Again....not fair

I remember my rig was manufactured late 2011, maybe Nov, I can't check now, it is covered for the winter. Can you check your rig's date. Maybe this is the real reason why we got the old console model.
Alas, my rig is also wrapped up pretty tight for the season and I'd need an ice pick (a big one) to get her uncovered now.
Having said that, a 2011 mfg date wouldn't surprise me: she'd been sitting on the lot of Prairie Sky RV long enough for them to have put her on sale -at the start of the camping season.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Don

Alas, my rig is also wrapped up pretty tight for the season and I'd need an ice pick (a big one) to get her uncovered now.
Really, ice already, please post a pic of your rig iced up.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #149

I'm curious on how we A-framers cover our rig and the stuff mother nature put on it. Since you saw my rig covered and survived SANDY, I would like see a pic of your rig's cover too. I did not have time to get a customized cover for my rig, if you got it how are they working out for you?
Old 11-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #150

I am housebound today and workbound for the next 5 but here's what it looks like outside my front window.

We had a solid week of snow, then it warmed up to zero/+1 for two days, then it froze all over again so the whole bloody town is basically one big curling rink.
Also, nobody up here has ever heard of sand, so instead of my usual manly, purposeful stride, I'm reduced to mincing along like a little old lady for the next six months whenever I'm outside (sometimes I really miss the south...).

My rig is 10 feet long and the cover is for a 10-12 footer so it's a bit large, but I used the 2 straps that were included and wrapped a rope laterally around the whole thing. I also have covers on the tires and the jacks down and sitting on 2X10's.
I still have to get a cover for the propane tanks (to replace the one that went AWOL in the Alberta Badlands last summer).

Next time I'm out to the storage site (just outside of town) I'll make a point of having the camera along.
Attached Images

Tags
a128, a128s, aliner