My Aerobed started leaking in my last trip. I got this less than 6 months ago but I can't have it fix under warranty because the receipt is missing. I get good sleeps with it and I have to find a way to fix it myself. After searching the net, I came up a way to fix it. Two tiny seal on felt side of the bed separated.
Pics after it was fixed
What I use to fix the leak
Here are the steps:
- find the leak, it was easy for me because I heard it...lol
- use the rubbing alcohol to clean the surface
- make sure the surface is completely dry
- apply a thin film of crazy glue between the seal and felt separation, press it together for a minute
- after 30 mins, apply a thin film of crazy around the damage area, I did this 4 times, the felt was absorbing the glue
- the crazy glue left a surface for the other glue
- apply several layers of the plastic glue, make sure it is dry before applying another layer
- after 24 hours, inflate it and check it out
After several hours, my Aerobed is still fully inflated. The real test will be tonight, I'm sleeping on it. I hope it is fixed because I need it for my trip this weekend.
I think seating on it caused the damage. Since it only takes less than a minute to inflate or deflate, I will make sure to use it only for sleeping.
The plastic glue is also good for fixing an inch tear on my screen room.