Old 09-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #81

You aren't alone in the hitch-not-seated-on-the-ball experience. Fortunately, when it happened to me I was just moving the trailer from the storage facility to it's new home in my driveway, and it was close to home. It still scares the bejesus outta me to think what would have happened had we been on the highway fully loaded.

I determined that the hitch lock didn't open all the way before I lowered it onto the ball. It seats itself deceivingly well like that! Good plan to raise the hitch again to ensure it brings the TV up with it!

Welcome to my School of Hard Knocks and Close Calls!

Old 09-26-2012, 12:33 AM   #82

The hot water heater works fine when dry camping, no need for 120.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #83

I can't believe it, 2 more weekends left for camping and it will be time to store my A128S away until next spring.

Winterizing will have to be done soon, I think I got most of the information from here on how to winterize the water system of the trailer.

I was checking on how to raise the trailer so that I could put the pair of jacks I got on sale to elevate the tires. Never done this before so I need help.

Where is the best place to put the hydraulic jack under the trailer to raise it?
After the trailer is raised, where do I put the jack stand?
Will using the jack stand to keep the trailer raised for several months damage the trailer?

Any tips will be appreciated so much, thanks.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko777
Where is the best place to put the hydraulic jack under the trailer to raise it?
I found this info in YouTube:

I think placing the jack stand under the axle should be good to keep the trailer raised. Anyone knows will this cause any damage if left for several months?
Old 09-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #85
Mostly Harmless

I think one of the manuals that came with my A128, either the alco axle manual or the FR manual, said not to jack up the trailer by the axle. I'm not sure why. If these axles were the scrawny things some trailers have I'd be concerned about bending the axle, but ours are honkin' big thick things. I'd ask your dealer where they jack these things up. Bet they'll say "under the axle."
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #86
Site Team - Lou

Well, they put it there for a reason. While that reason may just be "the lawyers made me do it," I have found that you deviate from the manual at your own peril. You had better know you are right.

It really is true that some warnings are written in blood; others are just written by lawyers. Knowing which is which is "the rub."

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #87

Camping Trip #5: Just got back from another relaxing weekend, camping in a CG with electric is very nice. This may be my last time camping for this year because next weekend the weather forecast does not look good; if it changes I'm going back to the empty lot (Camping Trip #4).

The heat pump worked perfectly, it was used solidly for 2 nights. Just for fun, I turned on the A/C for an hour this afternoon just to check and it worked fine too. It was 9C(48F) at night and in the trailer it was set to 22C(72F), nice and warm for me. The fridge was set to max so all the frozen food I took camping is still frozen today, fantastic.
After all the camping experiences I did the past several weeks, setting up and breaking camp is so much easy now. Parking is with more control, setting up the awning/screen room is fun now, and the trailer is working as designed; heat(A/C nice), heavy rain, wind and cold weather(both heat pump and propane heater worked great)...no problem in the trailer.

Are we having fun with our A-Frame? My A128S is the most fun toy I got so far, it kept me busy for the past several weekend and I'm looking forward to future long trips
Here are some pics from my camping trip #5:
Looks like it failed using Firefox, I'll post it later with my iPad.

I'm having a great time updating this tread, I will surely use this as my reference next season's camping. You guys gave me so much tips in here to make my camping with a trailer so much fun.

Winterizing the trailer here I come....
Old 10-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko777 View Post
Winterizing the trailer here I come....
You do realize that Algonquin has sites open during the winter, eh?

Seriously, it's great to hear how much fun you're having with the new unit. I'm the same with mine. Love it -just absolutely love it.

Way back when I lived down your way, I did a lot of tent and eventually RV camping in Long Point, Bruce Peninsula, the Muskokas, Algonquin, Temagami (a favourite of mine) and as far west as Lake Superior Provincial Park (another favourite).
A-frames are great to travel with. You have some awesome trips ahead of you if you're willing to make the drive.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko777
Camping Trip #5:
Here are some pics from my camping trip #5:
Looks like it failed using Firefox, I'll post it later with my iPad.
Since I got my A128S I have been camping to CG within 2 hours away from home. We have a lot of provincial parks in Ontario, Canada, I'm looking forward to next season exploring the CG near and far. If you guys are planning to visit here, use this link to see what are available and reserve ahead https://reservations.ontarioparks.com/

Here some pic I took in Earl Rowe provincial park:
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1209012911.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	20176Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2633228922.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	20177
My site, nice and wide

Name:	image-2313033970.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	20178Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4242874605.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	20179
Beach no people only birds, huge swimming pool great for the kids but close for the season

Name:	image-298727426.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	20180Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3475589767.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	20182Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4072840868.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	20181
The screen room has been a great addition to my camping experience, using my gravity chair in here because it was cold outside

All packed up and ready to go home after a nice relaxing weekend

Name:	image-1692941555.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	20183

Happy fall camping!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #90

Thumbs up! I've got to get back to Ontario next year. I really want to camp long point, nestled in between some dunes with some Canadian brew and soft music. Maybe a walk over to the lake shore for a bit.....

Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a128, a128s, aliner