Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2014, 11:23 AM   #1

A128s Stove

I purchased a 2014 A128s back in February. On the trip home, 140 miles, I noticed the glass top one the stove had come loose and couple of the knobs were off. Reattached the top and knobs thinking plastic nuts were loose. Took a trip and upon setup noticed the same issue again except this time one knob was broken. Put it back together again to finish the trip. Got back and upon inspection the entire top of the stove was loose. The two speed nuts that hold the top down were loose in the stove. Tried to reattach and they will not stay in place. One of the nuts has broken. Anyone else having this issue?

Glass top looks nice, but only held on with plastic hinges and nuts.

Thanks
srrice61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:39 PM   #2

My A122S stove cover fell apart also, on the way home from the dealer. I put it back together but have only had it on the road a short distance since then. It looks nice but ain’t worth a hoot if it keeps falling apart. Will replace it with the older style metal cover it keeps being a problem and FR doesn’t offer a solution.
2014 Tacoma 4x4
OutAndAbout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:51 PM   #3

I also had a loose stovetop upon delivery of our 2014 A128S. All I did was drill a pilot hole in the middle of each nut bracket and ran a screw into it sideways to keep it attached to the side of the inner burner area. Nice and secure, no issues since.
TravelingTabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:16 AM   #4

Will try that Travelling. Have been looking for ideas.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:32 AM   #5

I have the older metal cover, but vibration will loosen these types of connections easily. The prior post mentioned the nuts were plastic? Or are the nylock nuts? One suggestion would be to investigate using a locktite product to secure nuts against loosening from travel vibrations.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:56 AM   #6
Retread Popup Owner

I would suggest first trying some Loctite on the threads. It's a mainstay in my toolbox. It has worked well on the few things that insisted on coming apart during travel.

Camping Photos
Camper Mods
Wojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:15 AM   #7

Yes, plastic nut and bolt. Thought about Loctite. I know they make a variety of products. Still worried about glass cover breaking bouncing around or dropping something on it. May go to the metal cover.

Tags
a128, a128s