Old 10-20-2014, 04:38 PM   #11
things to remember .. towing numbers for vehicles are inflated .. and the total weight for trailers are generally deflated ..
Only from experience ... i would not tow this camper with anything less than a 5000lb capacity for the TV. However that being said ... it all depends on the distances that you tow it. For short draws, weekend trips ect. you should be just fine. For longer vacations with lots to travelling you could run into issues ...
Proper maintenance of the honda would be a requirement .. tranny fluids, differential fluids ect.

2008 Nissan Frontier 4x4
2011 Rockwood A122
D-mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:03 PM   #12
Maybe you should get one like I have.
We don't have the storage in the front and don't need it.

2011 A128 Specifications
Length17 ft 1 in
Hitch Weight273 lbs
Dry Weight1846 lbs
Cargo Weight1217 lbs
Fresh Water Capacity26 gals
Tire Size13

Droes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:25 PM   #13
Originally Posted by D-mo View Post
Only from experience ... i would not tow this camper with anything less than a 5000lb capacity for the TV.
That is my rule of thumb too. Although my Tundra has the capacity to tow three campers at once, so I can't say I've tested my resolve.

Interestingly I stopped at a truck stop yesterday and got my axle weights. The Tundra was no where close to the max rating.

The trailer axle was 2060 lbs, with no water in the tank. A surprisingly low number given the FR stated Unloaded Vehicle Weight of 1,955 lbs. The fridge had a gallon or so of drinks. There were the normal pots and pans under the bench and of course the full water heater. My duffle was on top of a bench

I guess more of the extra weight is really on the tongue. It maxed out my 400lbs home scale compared to the 283 lbs rating. And it is the tongue weight the has me wanting the tow capacity >= to 5000 lbs.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote