Old 09-07-2015, 10:48 AM   #1

A213HW camper

Has anyone purchased one yet? I am awaiting one at our local dealer so I can see it for myself. Looks like all my complaints from my 2012 full size bed have been addressed by the twin beds. I'm curious about camper weight and tongue weight as I know these high walls are heavier. Also, which company is the one who will give you online quotes? I remember they were a good starting point before walking in to the dealer. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

K1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 02:32 PM   #2

I saw an online floor plan with details: seems the A/C unit is smaller 9.5 vs 13.5. I do like the built in port a pot. Not sure the split bed idea is so good. It came with an insert to make a full bed, but wonder how it sleeps in that center part? I see that the door has a screened window which would be nice for ventilation.Also, note a previous post about the glass cover for range, sink being a problem if the hinges come loose. I have an FR 2012 and my biggest complaint is no potty, the heavy lift to open the under bed storage, poor cross ventilation unless Fantastic fan is running, and the poor placement of electric outlets at the edges of the mattress which don't allow room for the plug. Had to buy a flat extension plug to make it useful. Looking forward to see what others think about this new model.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobeFanatic View Post
I saw an online floor plan with details: seems the A/C unit is smaller 9.5 vs 13.5. I do like the built in port a pot. Not sure the split bed idea is so good. It came with an insert to make a full bed, but wonder how it sleeps in that center part? I see that the door has a screened window which would be nice for ventilation.Also, note a previous post about the glass cover for range, sink being a problem if the hinges come loose. I have an FR 2012 and my biggest complaint is no potty, the heavy lift to open the under bed storage, poor cross ventilation unless Fantastic fan is running, and the poor placement of electric outlets at the edges of the mattress which don't allow room for the plug. Had to buy a flat extension plug to make it useful. Looking forward to see what others think about this new model.
Thanks DobeFanatic,
I see you are my neighbor. I am in Seminole. Didn't know about the smaller a/c as that could be an issue.We always had a problem with the a/c blowing on my son sleeping in the table area so I was hoping this would be a little better. I found some photos online that looks like the outlets are under the bed but I can't be sure. I will be interested when it comes in to take a look and check it out.
#R201612680 - 2016 Forest River Rockwood Hard Side A213 HW for sale in Bridgeview IL - House of Camping
Old 09-08-2015, 08:47 AM   #4

A213HW camper

We just bought one last Friday and will be camping in it this week. This new model solved all the complaints we had about our 122S. It is longer, so we've lost the advantage of storing it in our garage, but I guess you can't have everything. I saw a figure somewhere that said it weighs a little over 2300 lbs, The storage bin in front has one of those long sliding plastic-fiber compartments that extends the entire width of the trailer, with a shelf over the top of that compartment for more gear. I guess this was done to accommodate people who couldn't reach down into the bin to pick up gear near the floor. For someone like me, who had no trouble reaching in there, the new arrangement wastes space. I can't get as much in there now as I did in the 122's bin. When the spacer-cushion is in place, the rear makes up into a king-sized bed. We prefer the two bunk arrangement and will leave the spacer-cushions home. This allows each of us to sleep with our heads right by a window that opens and we like that. I don't know anything about a screened-in door; our's didn't come with that. Nor do I know anything about a smaller AC, but we took delivery of this on a 90-degree day and had it out in the driveway with the AC on. It was very cool and comfortable inside. No issues there! We wanted a cassette toilet, even at the cost of losing some (but not all) of the dinette space. I love being able to snap the waste tank out and dump it while others are waiting in line at the dumping station. The abbreviated table top now allows me to turn on the water heater without getting down on my hands and knees. The water pump (and that abominable filter cartridge) are now located under the driver's side bunk, giving much more room under the sink and making the pump much more accessible. The switch for the pump has been relocated on the outside of the compartment under the bunk, -also much more accessible. There's also a whole lot more storage space inside. There are more things I could comment on, and may after we've used it this week, but those are some of the high spots. I'll also try to post pictures of some of what I've talked about after we return. Hope this helps!

Kdot
kdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:12 AM   #5

A213 camper

I think I misunderstood Dobefanatic's comment about the door screened-in window. I do have that; it's exactly the same as the door on the A122S. I was thinking screen-door. That continues to be a need.

kdot
Old 09-08-2015, 10:20 AM   #6

Saw one of the prototypes at the FROG> States I pulled off the data plate GVWR 3306 Cargo Weight 890 lbs Dry Weight 2378. Full bed set up is 74" x 83". Twin beds measure 33" x 74". There is a little 2 drawer bed stand at the rear of the unit between the two beds. Door side under the bed is almost all storage. Water pump filter and cool cat on off door side, there is storage there though. Door side rear ;storage hatch cover is bigger than my T12DDST making putting my rubber maid tub in easier. 3 cuft fridge with freezer, Microwave, etc.h yeah seriously considering the Flagstaff T21TBHW.
Its Cute but......
Total 87(2014) 58(2015) 77(2016) 95(2017)
dts3204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:23 PM   #7

Thanks kdot. I can't wait to see your photos. Did they relocate the outlets under the beds so they are accessible? Also, do they seem to be a real twin mattress? We had purchased a large foam pad for our bed since that bed was not the most comfortable. Thank you! This sounds like I might be trading mine in.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:04 PM   #8

The one I saw on line was rather pricey at Retail $18,000. Guess I will have to continue with the porta pot, though it does sound more ideal for my situation with the two dogs. We wouldn't have to share the bed anymore with the two bunks and since the oldest has arthritis she could get on the bed easier with the 213. And I did have to rig a screen for the upper part of my door which I will try out next month. As for the electric outlets by the bed, I grit my teeth every time I need to use one.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:30 AM   #9

A213 HW camper

K1050, there are 4 electrical outlets: one between the furnace vent and the electrical panel, second one on the top end of the side of the microwave cabinet, at the end of the bunk, a third one in the same position for the other bunk on the side of the sink cabinet, and the fourth one is on the front of the driver's side bunk storage area, right by the night stand.
Dobefanatic, I wouldn't pay $18,000 for one of these. Our's cost $4,000 less than that. I saw many advertised on the web in the $13-14,000 range. The $17-18,000 figures are the ones the dealers use before "discounting" the unit to show you what a bargain you're getting!
As for the bunks, our unit came with the foam mattresses to which I routinely add another 2 inches of memory foam. They seem comfy now, but we'll see what they feel like after being used. I've seen the unit advertised with heated twin mattresses like the better quality one we had in our A122S.

kdot
Old 09-17-2015, 12:02 PM   #10

Is the Flagstaff T21TBHW the same model, if so here is some more information.

Flagstaff T21QBHW Camping Trailer | Roberts Sales - Denver, Colorado

1A Camper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper