Old 06-10-2014, 05:55 PM   #11

Wait! Wilmington RV in North Carolina has saved my faith in humanity. The owner went out to the unit and said...ask any question you want. I wanted to know what size tires, freezer, all girly things. Then he said that when I arrive he will have spent a couple of hours testing every single item in the camper. A non working propane tank isn't gonna do me any good. He is throwing in all hoses, electrical converters and everything else I need to camp that night. So we are driving a solid 12 hours next week. I have a deposit emailed to me already. Wilmington RV I am impressed with you.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #12
Striving for Intermediate

Sounds painful. Makes me feel good about spending $2000 more with a local dealer who had our unit on the lot. They have even been good about getting to the warranty work so far.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:07 PM   #13

Best of luck to you!
Old 06-10-2014, 06:12 PM   #14

Sampson killed 10,000 Phillistines with the jawbone of an ass... and millions of dollars in sales are killed each day with the same weapon...

Sorry for your troubles...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:18 PM   #15
ARLO

Family RV

Family RV in Palmyra, NY does not fit the bad dealer mode. They are very pleasant to deal with and very fair. Our Flagstaff was all prepped and ready to go when stated. Larry, the owner, bent over backward to make sure our delivery went without a hitch. We were given a tour of he facility and his mechanic went over the trailer with in detail. We would definitely go back. Another good dealer in NY is in Cicero. Their name is Caps "n" Campers and we had good luck there also.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:32 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDHfan View Post
Quote:
None of these issues are really FR issues.
Seems to me you've found a good manufacture, so it's about finding a good dealer. FR, nor any other manufacturer, controls how you're treated by a dealers customer service.
I can sympathize with your frustration... But it should be directed at those who are actually creating it.
The end.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:38 PM   #17
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
You will be told that 'all' RV companies and sDealers are like this (but some will bend over backwards to help you ((not))) Sign of the times. If I knew about all of the issues of my piddley poorly built unit at the time I bought it a year ago, I would have stayed with my 1995 unit from another manufacturer. Too many corners have been cut since the depression years between 2001 to now. They will only get worse, as the profit margins only get smaller and the inventories have to be kept to a bare minimum. There is a unit out there for you. Wait for it and it will fall in your lap. Go over it with a fine tooth comb three or four times and buy a two year warranty. Plus, I hope that you are a good fix it and repair person, if not, you will become one. If you like the floor plans of the Forest Rivers, there is a unit for you. But know that the 'cost' of a FR or any other manufacture will always be higher than the purchase price.

Good hunting.
Whoa there .... broad brushes being what they are, and what they do....

I am here to tell you that there ARE dealers out there that will bend over backwards for you/US. I'll put my dealer (Route 66 Certified BTW) up against any RV dealer out there, no matter the brand.

I have two other brand dealers right here in my home town....was NOT impressed with either of them or their brand.

So we drove 90 miles away to;

Bayou Outdoor Supercenter in Bossier City, LA which is absolutely AWESOME! We've bought two (new) RVs from them in the last year and could not be more happy with their sales, and service after the sale.

They have *earned* our business and our loyalty.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:00 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post

I am here to tell you that there ARE dealers out there that will bend over backwards for you/US. I'll put my dealer (Route 66 Certified BTW) up against any RV dealer out there, no matter the brand.

I have two other brand dealers right here in my home town....was NOT impressed with either of them or their brand.

Bayou Outdoor Supercenter in Bossier City, LA which is absolutely AWESOME! We've bought two (new) RVs from them in the last year and could not be more happy with their sales, and service after the sale.

X2!

Sent from my XT907 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:13 PM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
X2!

Sent from my XT907 using Forest River Forums mobile app
X3

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:15 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Cheyenne Camping Center walcott Iowa.
Awesome great dealer!
Fast friendly dealer!